Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behind the scenes: Mails and messages we get

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Shouldn't emails and private messages be considered as private and confidential?
    My contribution to JetPhotos

    Comment


    • #62
      It was an appeal reason. So it was not a private message to one person.
      My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
      My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
      ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Greg Wilson
        Shouldn't emails and private messages be considered as private and confidential?
        Nobody has been identified, so I don't see the problem. Besides, frankly if people are stupid enough to write some of this stuff I think they deserve to be made examples of. It might prompt them to get their arse in gear and learn how to use a camera instead of insulting volunteers who are simply doing their job.

        Paul
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

        My images on Flickr

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by PMN
          Besides, frankly if people are stupid enough to write some of this stuff I think they deserve to be made examples of. It might prompt them to get their arse in gear and learn how to use a camera instead of insulting volunteers who are simply doing their job.
          What he says! Besides, some of those comments are too funny to be read just by one admin or senior
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

          Comment


          • #65
            Maybe it was those dustspots we cant even see with the HUMAN eye......

            Comment


            • #66
              Just because 'some' can't see them on their monitors doesn't mean they are not visible Daryl.

              Comment


              • #67
                Holy shit, I just fell upon this thread and I'm laughing so hard I knocked my beer over!!! HAHAHAHAHA Good thing the dog is thirsty!

                Comment


                • #68
                  I got this stunner a week back (sent via a.net's interface to me on one of my shots)
                  You have Boeing 757 Cargo aircraft to sell?
                  thanks

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by hkgspotter1 View Post
                    Maybe it was those dustspots we cant even see with the HUMAN eye......
                    I think that this is a good point, dirty scan can only be visible on some pics when u up the contrast to 100%, who looks at pics like that? Homeland security?

                    To be honest I find (and i dont have a problem with this) that photos get rejected simply because they are not good enough, not because of softness or colours, but cos its boring or crap. There should be a reason called "Not good enough" or "Not to JP standard".

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      First off all there is a huge difference between a fully calibrated monitor and a not calibrated one. Secondly we often click scan/cmos as an advice, wheen there is another major error and a barely noticeable dust spot.
                      Finally we do not reject fpr boring and it never play part in screening.
                      My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
                      My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
                      ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by benpaul12 View Post
                        Homeland security?
                        The screeners do.

                        Originally posted by benpaul12 View Post
                        To be honest I find (and i dont have a problem with this) that photos get rejected simply because they are not good enough, not because of softness or colours, but cos its boring or crap. There should be a reason called "Not good enough" or "Not to JP standard".
                        Considering how many side-on and "boring" shots (not to be harsh, I upload them too ) pictures are accepted everyday, that's obviously not the case. Though measures like that are taken at the blue site.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by JordanD View Post
                          The screeners do.


                          Considering how many side-on and "boring" shots (not to be harsh, I upload them too ) pictures are accepted everyday, that's obviously not the case. Though measures like that are taken at the blue site.
                          yes but the others are on the extreme opposite now, accepting blurry cut-off dark pictures. At least they do if another screener is the photog.

                          back on topic, "boring" can`t be applied in aviation photography. Yes, for many a side-on of an AA MD80 is not that appealing, having seen thousands of similar shots, yet some people actually prefer these kind of shots that the more "complex" ones, since the side-on is the best when you want to keep a data-base approach. And they always recieve a few hundred hits, so there is always a crowd for these shots

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Alberto U. View Post
                            yes but the others are on the extreme opposite now, accepting blurry cut-off dark pictures. At least they do if another screener is the photog.
                            Example?

                            "Boring" is just a matter of personal opinion, not something that the screeners use to determine a pictures worthiness of a spot in the database. Some shots appeal or don't appeal to certain people.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Alberto U. View Post
                              yes but the others are on the extreme opposite now, accepting blurry cut-off dark pictures. At least they do if another screener is the photog.

                              Care to elaborate on that?

                              All screeners [here on JP] undergo the same screening procedure as any other uploader and if anything are judged harder as the screeing team should be setting an example.
                              Last edited by B7772ADL; 2008-09-28, 07:54. Reason: added a bit in which makes my comment seem more sense now

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by JordanD View Post
                                "Boring" is just a matter of personal opinion, not something that the screeners use to determine a pictures worthiness of a spot in the database. Some shots appeal or don't appeal to certain people.
                                Jordan hit the nail on the head (surprisingly ).

                                There are plenty of fleet spotters all over the world who don't consider a photo worthy of viewing unless it's, for lack of a better term, a "roster shot." This term comes from the railroad photography realm, and it basically means "a side on photo taken from a non-extreme angle in good light."

                                Is that my particular cup of tea? Not at all. I'd much prefer to see an artistically composed photo showing an interesting setting or background, even where the plane is part of a much bigger picture. We realize that everyone has different tastes, however, so as long as an image meets our very transparent quality and composition criteria, it's accepted.

                                I try to screen every photo as objectively as humanly possible, even if it's not my "preferred" style of photo, and I know the rest of the team does as well.
                                Trump is an idiot!
                                Vote Democrats!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X