X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
    Care to elaborate on that?

All screeners undergo the same screening procedure as any other uploader and if anything are judged harder as the screeing team should be setting an example.
    I know that some of the recently controversial accepted pictures on the other site have been accepted because of the name of the photographer. No need to say who, but on a few threads over there it's pretty clear. They even admitted it

In any case, just to clarify, I also agreed in my previous post that "boring" can't be applied to photography, and in aviation especially

Comment

Originally posted by Alberto U. View Post
      I know that some of the recently controversial accepted pictures on the other site have been accepted because of the name of the photographer. No need to say who, but on a few threads over there it's pretty clear. They even admitted it
      Both sites work completely different, I think that's pretty evident by just browsing the forums here. You won't get banned here for mentioning 'the other site' where as you may be on a.net. You won't get jumped on by the grammar Police (mind you, theres some odd people ) - Theres plenty of screeners on here who get rejections, just like everybody else. I am obviously lieing though. Beer and money is the way to get bad pictures accepted.
      Sam

Comment

Just like Sam said, jetphotos.net is not "the other site."

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
          Just like Sam said, jetphotos.net is not "the other site."
          Oh, I am well aware of that, and I never implied that. I hope that's not how it came out because it was not my intention. And if it did, I appologize

hope its clear

Comment

A few funny emails I get from time to time! Some just make me laugh and laugh!!!

hi Im writing you from turkey.can you send me how much money is it???
            thank you....

(http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6053734)

hello, my name is ***** ******, have ** years, I like much aviation, of I also throw volume photos and game simulator 2004 in vatsim, gustaria to put to me to me in contact with you since in these vacations of summer I am wanted to go to work to Vancouver and would want to ask some doubts to him that I have, without but at the moment him control a great greeting from MMSP.
            (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6267295)

Hello, we are interested in buying a new helicopter for the company, Bell 212 will have some for sale with a few hours after the last maintenance?
            Greetings
            Sales Mexico
            Ph:***********

(http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6036794)

hi
            my nameisjavad
            iama pilot .i need information about bell214
            if you can please send mesome structure map from bell214
            please
            tank you

(http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6001656)

Comment

You could tell them the helicopter will be 1 million dollars, then email them the original picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Alberto U. View Post

Sounds about right for them then, it's always been like that though there as long as i can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
                  You could tell them the helicopter will be 1 million dollars, then email them the original picture.
                  Sure, could always try!!!

Comment

No more replies to this thread Crew ? Or have we all become well behaved Monks

Comment

You have all been monks for a while I'm sure it will not last for ever lol

Comment

... with a few expections, but those were not good enough fot this topic or in other words ... "they have been rejected". Luckily none of them appealed this rejection
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

HOW about this which just popped up in the screening process.

Photographer Comments to Screeners:
                          first shot of this aircraft for a.net

Comment

Originally posted by cja View Post
                            HOW about this which just popped up in the screening process.

Photographer Comments to Screeners:
                            first shot of this aircraft for a.net

Maybe it was the first shot on anal.net.....but he also decided to upload to the worlds biggest aviation photograph data base also

Comment

I have had very few occasions to appeal a photo, most of the rejections I've had, I think are fair. ( Mostly my dodgy eyesight! )

But I think shouting abuse at someone is very unlikely to change someones mind, if anything it would make the senior screener more likely to turn the appeal down.

I haven't uploaded much of late, which I am now rectifying. Yes, I've had a few rejections, but I'm not bitter, as I look back at some of my early uploads and I think "What a crap photo!", but I took the advice that was given, and learned from it, and I hope I now take and edit a better photo because of the advice I've had. No one likes rejections, but its how you act on the advice given. I've been photographing for over 20 years now, and I'm still learning new techniques all the time.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling message, but I'd just like to say I'll keep on uploading ( and probably having rejections ) for quite a while to come yet.

Adrian

Comment

I could never imagine you getting abusive Adrian, its funny how it was me screening a shot of yours that prompted me to contact you back in 2006......and here we are three years later running our own photography business!

Matt
                                My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Working...
                                X