Spotting at GVA and AMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting at GVA and AMS

I was at GVA last September and a sign at the elevator said the viewing area was closed (for renovations?).
    I will be at GVA again next month. Does anyone know if it is open again? The rather inadequate terminal map shows only restaurants on the top level.

Re. AMS, I see the Panorama Terrace upstairs between Departures 1 and 2. Does anyone know if it is worth going up there for photos?

Thanks,
    Dick

Dick
    http://dickh.zenfolio.com

Hi Dick,

About GVA terrace, it'll still be closed for a few more month. But the terrace is by far one of the wort spotting place in GVA. We have many way better spots around the airport. Just send me a PM telling when you'll be there and I'll gladly provide you a guide and driver for the day. We're always happy to provide help to any visitor.

And yes AMS terrace is worth it to make some nice shot of airplanes departing or arriving at gates.

Regards
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
      Just send me a PM telling when you'll be there and I'll gladly provide you a guide and driver for the day. We're always happy to provide help to any visitor.

Regards
      Alex
      Alex,

Is that an offer you provide more often?

As far as I can see in my agenda now, I will be there , in GVA on May 24 for a day spotting around the airport. I'll be very pleased with a guide who knows the best locations for photografing, and maybe I can learn a bit more about it as well; to get nice pics whitch are interesting enough to upload for JP.

Thanks,

Freek

Comment

I can help you around GVA for spotting as well, if you pay me a beer...
        speaking of which, Alex... Where's the "sound barrier" beer ?
        My pics on JetPhotos.net & flickr.com

Comment

Originally posted by AlejP
          I can help you around GVA for spotting as well, if you pay me a beer...
          speaking of which, Alex... Where's the "sound barrier" beer ?
          He he he .... mmmmmh What beer ???

PS . Freek you got a Pm

Comment

Originally posted by Dick H
            Re. AMS, I see the Panorama Terrace upstairs between Departures 1 and 2. Does anyone know if it is worth going up there for photos?
            Well if you like this, you should definately come and see for yourself :
            [photoid=6201336]
            [photoid=6201334]
            [photoid=6086442]

cheers, Pamela

Comment

Working...
            X