• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A388 why not simply appeal the shot?

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
      A388 why not simply appeal the shot?
      Hi Tommy, I have appealed photos before and it has not been appreciated so I try not to go there after that bad experience.

A388

Comment

Originally posted by A388
        Hi Tommy, I have appealed photos before and it has not been appreciated so I try not to go there after that bad experience.

A388
        It has not been appreciated? How so? I'm very curious as well as I'm sure the other screeners are? People appeal shots everyday and its not looked at as a hassel at all. Now I will say the way one goes about appealing a shot will deterime the outcome or response by the Sr. Screener.

Begging and pleading is just silly but if you state in objective terms why you think the shot was rejected incorrectly then there certainly shouldn't be a problem and isn't. To be honest if you appealed and said something to the effect that it meant a great deal to you personally that the shot get accepted then chances are its not going to get in. However if your reasons are just appeal it.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
          It has not been appreciated? How so? I'm very curious as well as I'm sure the other screeners are? People appeal shots everyday and its not looked at as a hassel at all. Now I will say the way one goes about appealing a shot will deterime the outcome or response by the Sr. Screener.

Begging and pleading is just silly but if you state in objective terms why you think the shot was rejected incorrectly then there certainly shouldn't be a problem and isn't. To be honest if you appealed and said something to the effect that it meant a great deal to you personally that the shot get accepted then chances are its not going to get in. However if your reasons are just appeal it.
          Hi Tommy, I rarely appeal photos. If I do appeal a photo it is because of good reasons. I uploaded a photo without the c/n information because I couldn't find the msn information on time. The photo got rejected because of the missing c/n information. It was a new aircraft to my knowledge. Another photo got accepted because the screener of that photo added the c/n information which I appreciated but the screener of the other photo didn't and rejected the photo. I appealed the photo and the reaction after the appeal was "It is in our census and a google search revealed the CN many times! We also have a forum dedicated to aircraft info". The rejected photoid was 1656508. This caught me by surprise as the screener apparently was mad looking at the exclamation mark in the sentence. If a screener becomes mad because of something simple such as missing c/n information I don't know. Maybe it is just not worth it to appeal photos.

I would never appeal a photo because "it meant a great deal to me" or anything like that. I always look at rejected photos from all angles before deciding to appeal or not. In most cases I eventually accept rejected photos and try to re-upload improved photos and very rarely appeal photos. I was just unpleasantly surprised by that reaction after appealing.

A388

Comment

Perhaps some info to solve this. It is fully correct to reject a photo for missing cn if the cn is in our census. The exclamation make just points out that it would have been very easy to find the cn.

Secondly the appeal process leaves no option to change the data of the rejected photo, while it can be done in screening. The appeal just checks the votes of the screening team that formed the rejection. If the votes were correct the appeal is rejected. In that case : cn in census -> reject for bad info -> correct

We some times add the cn in screening, but usually not when the cn is in the census or in our db.

Comment

As Tom says, appeals are never unappreciated...unless they are the rude or downright obscene type.

Appeals that are backed up with a clear, objective explanation of your thoughts will always be carefully considered.

You must understand that spending time and money to go somewhere to get a shot and then not having the best light available to shoot in is going to happen. You'll get pics for your personal collection but you will have to accept that unfortunately sometimes they won't make it here. You've read the different opinions on your Delta shots here, the fact that they are borderline is a route to go with your appeal. Remember, we work on the ethos of "seek to accept, do not seek to reject". We do, however have to draw the line at some point. I've had shots rejected in the past that I really wanted in the database, thought were good enough but, hey ho, that's how the cookie crumbles. Remember also that most rejections of this type have been seen by at least two and sometimes three screeners so you are not subject to the vagaries of just one person.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                Perhaps some info to solve this. It is fully correct to reject a photo for missing cn if the cn is in our census. The exclamation make just points out that it would have been very easy to find the cn.

Secondly the appeal process leaves no option to change the data of the rejected photo, while it can be done in screening. The appeal just checks the votes of the screening team that formed the rejection. If the votes were correct the appeal is rejected. In that case : cn in census -> reject for bad info -> correct

We some times add the cn in screening, but usually not when the cn is in the census or in our db.
                I couldn't find the c/n info at the time. I can live with rejections for missing information but in my case the information was not available as the aircraft was brandnew. It apparently is a misinterpretation from my part but as I said I don't appeal rejected photos quickly. I prefer to work on a improved photo instead of appealing.

A388

Comment

not really picking a side here, but that photo of the KLM MD-11 was stunning! I wish i could get photos good like that...never had one accepted at JP yet

Comment

crvenazvezdaman, please adjust your signature to meet this here:

thanks
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

If I may add my two-pence worth on this one...and this is a personal opinion...

If the c/n is missing and it shows in our screening page as being in the census ( and therefore easily seen by the uploader ) then I will reject for bad info.

If the c/n is missing and it appears in other pictures of the aircraft in the database ( easily checked by searching the registration before upload ), and /or on www.Airliners.net or www.Airfleets.net then I will reject for bad info. For Military data go to www.scramble.nl

If the c/n is missing and it can be found on, at the very least, the first page of a Google search then I will reject it.

If the c/n is missing and it can be found on one of the sites listed here.....http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=38619 then I will CONSIDER a rejection. I say "consider" because if the uploader is new to Jetphotos then I might add the c/n for them and give a link to where the c/n was found. I do this on the basis that they may not yet know where to search. This may not always work if my vote is the second of a no/yes and the picture needs the vote of a third screener, because only the last screener can leave a note for the photographer.
                      However, a prolific,well known uploader will get a rejection as they ought to be aware of these resources.

If I have to spend more than five minutes searching for a c/n or I find it in one of the more obscure sites ( not everyone subscribes to www.scramble.net. If you subscribe you get a better search service ) then I will accept, add the c/n and tell the photog where I found the information.

If I can't find the bloody c/n anywhere !! ( not uncommon with some Caribbean, Arab, Russian and, surprisingly these days, German registers ) then I'll accept.

That all sounds a bit long winded but remember, I'm screening and cannot afford to spend too long searching for info because the screening page will timeout on me. Remember also that it's not our job to find info for you, it's YOUR responsibility. If you can't find a c/n, or any other data for that matter, then TELL US in the "notes to screeners" section at the bottom of the upload page. If I see that you've put some effort into a fruitless search then I'm prepared to put in maybe a bit more effort on your behalf. I'm fairly sure that most of the other screeners would do the same if they have the time.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                        If I may add my two-pence worth on this one...and this is a personal opinion...

If the c/n is missing and it shows in our screening page as being in the census ( and therefore easily seen by the uploader ) then I will reject for bad info.

If the c/n is missing and it appears in other pictures of the aircraft in the database ( easily checked by searching the registration before upload ), and /or on www.Airliners.net or www.Airfleets.net then I will reject for bad info. For Military data go to www.scramble.nl

If the c/n is missing and it can be found on, at the very least, the first page of a Google search then I will reject it.

If the c/n is missing and it can be found on one of the sites listed here.....http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=38619 then I will CONSIDER a rejection. I say "consider" because if the uploader is new to Jetphotos then I might add the c/n for them and give a link to where the c/n was found. I do this on the basis that they may not yet know where to search. This may not always work if my vote is the second of a no/yes and the picture needs the vote of a third screener, because only the last screener can leave a note for the photographer.
                        However, a prolific,well known uploader will get a rejection as they ought to be aware of these resources.

If I have to spend more than five minutes searching for a c/n or I find it in one of the more obscure sites ( not everyone subscribes to www.scramble.net. If you subscribe you get a better search service ) then I will accept, add the c/n and tell the photog where I found the information.

If I can't find the bloody c/n anywhere !! ( not uncommon with some Caribbean, Arab, Russian and, surprisingly these days, German registers ) then I'll accept.

That all sounds a bit long winded but remember, I'm screening and cannot afford to spend too long searching for info because the screening page will timeout on me. Remember also that it's not our job to find info for you, it's YOUR responsibility. If you can't find a c/n, or any other data for that matter, then TELL US in the "notes to screeners" section at the bottom of the upload page. If I see that you've put some effort into a fruitless search then I'm prepared to put in maybe a bit more effort on your behalf. I'm fairly sure that most of the other screeners would do the same if they have the time.

Thanks for the extensive explanation Brian. As with the other reactions I appreciate the input. I am almost reaching that point of not working on these rejections anymore.

Regards,

A388

Comment

Working...
                        X