Need air show tips (350D)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need air show tips (350D)

I have two air shows coming up next week and I need some advice on what settings to use. I will be using shutter priority on the flying aircraft to make sure I get a high enough shutter speed. Now the thing that gets me is, I've read that you should use AF-Servo for focusing and that only the center focus point should be selected. If I do that when shooting more then one aircraft in a frame and were there would be sky between the planes(center of photo), wouldn't the camera not focus correctly?

And any other tips that anyone thinks I should know would be great.

- Dylan

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

I'm guessing your talking about the Jones Beach Airshow and McGuire? If its sunny I generally keep my shutter up to 800th to 1000th of a second. Never went to McGuire and won't make that one this year again. Jones Beach is a bitch to shoot at...the show is to the south and the sun is top lite...head on..or tail on...terrible conditions. I might simply send the time at FRG and capture the birds going in and out for the show.

Check out NYCAviation.com There's a big thread on the Airshows. Oh as for the McGuire Airshow North American Airlines will have a static 757 there.

Comment

Yeah those are the shows I'm talking about. I've never been to Jones beach this will be my first year there. I have heard that the lighting is not good, McGuire doesn't have that great of lighting either. I would go to FRG, but I never saw an F-22 flying so thats why I want to go to the beach.

Thanks for the heads up on the 757 the McGuire site doesn't list it, but they do list a DC-8.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Electric-Jet
        Yeah those are the shows I'm talking about. I've never been to Jones beach this will be my first year there. I have heard that the lighting is not good, McGuire doesn't have that great of lighting either. I would go to FRG, but I never saw an F-22 flying so thats why I want to go to the beach.

Thanks for the heads up on the 757 the McGuire site doesn't list it, but they do list a DC-8.
        My friend who works for NAA told me about, in fact he'll be representing NAA at the show. I'd go but I'll be in Florida that weekend.

Comment

Working...
        X