Clear All

• Camera questions

looking to buy a decent digital cam for spotting
    whats good for under say $600
    anyone know about slrs?
    you might be an island hopper pilot if:

1. Turning on the airconditioning involves opening the cockpit window

2. The cabin door is in need of ductape

digital: unlikely. Fuji S602z might be close, but likely to be higher.
    SLR (real camera ): yes, Nikon F65 with a 70-300G is decent and should be about that (you might even get the 70-300 IF-ED which is a lot better).

Comment

Olympus makes an excellent camera for around $500. Some of the best photogs on this site use that camera and get amazing results.
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

If you're not in a big hurry... save a little more and get that new Canon.. by in a few months, it'll sell for less than the suggested retail price (which is $899)... I expect you'll be able to get this for $750 or so easily....

Comment

About the new Canon, are there any other sites besides the one already posted.

Comment

I can vouch for Jwenting's claims involving the F65. It is called N65 in America, and I bought one in December 2002. It came with a 28-90 mm lense, and though that offers limited zoom, I have managed to take quite good pictures!

So I would get the N65. I found it better than our old Canon EOS Rebel camera.

I cannot help too mch with Digital cameras though, sorry!

Comment

Nikon F60's are pretty good

I have a spare Nikon F60 for sale, with a new Tamron XR 28-200mm lens. Although the camera was bought in 2000, it hasn't had much use, as I've upgraded to the F100 model. Do a search at Jetphotos under the name of Jorgensen to see some of it's photo results.

Comment

Working...
              X