Adive please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adive please!

I am new to the photography and i dont know alot about it, so i was wondering if you guys would help me out? I got a job recently and i am looking to buy a camera for a beginner photographer. I found this one at Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1155069748336

i narrowed it to a few..so which one do you guys think i should get? Nothing over 700$ all of these are around 500 - 600.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

What do you think?
    Would i be able to take some good shots that would be approved on the site with these cameras??
    BH Airlines A319

Sorry about the adive thing :P i ment advice i cannot change the title
    BH Airlines A319

Comment

This would be a good camera to get going with, the equivalents with Nikon, Pentax, Sony would also be good.

Just make sure you get at least a 70-300 mm lens for distance shots.

Carl

Comment

Which one out of the three?
        BH Airlines A319

Comment

Hi Asmir, Canon rebel Xti (Canon 400D) is much more than a very good camera for a begginer. I call it, a very good start.

With that camera you should only think about lenses in the future because you'll have camera for several years without thinking on change it. The main brands in this world are Nikon and Canon. There's a lot of experience with boot, many many many reviews about them. They are so popular that you have supplies everywhere so... my choose it would be Canon.

For example, i started with a Canon S3 Is... a very useful digital camera but not a DSLR and I have more than four hundred pics in jetphotos and then after a year of learning I jumped into Nikon D80. With a lot of experience inside.

So, with Canon Xti you have enaugh camera to put hundreds of pics in databse but remember... one photo accepted is 50% camera and 50% (or more) photographer.

Ah.. you also must lear Photoshop

Go for the canon. You'll be happy and watch and learn every day,. In four years from know start thinking moving on to Nikon D300 or canon 40D for example

regards!

Will I ever repeat this?

Comment

Thanks alot gatto great advice i will look into those two cameras that you told me about and when i get my first paycheck in about two weeks i'll tell you my decision
            BH Airlines A319

Comment

Ouchhh i just looked up those two cameras gatto prefered and the price is a bit steep for me right now
              BH Airlines A319

Comment

You can get an older 20D or 30D for less. Those are both very good cameras.

Comment

Will the images be good enough for j.net?
                  BH Airlines A319

Comment

Absolutely!!

But remember; picture quality is not only a matter of a good camera but more from the lens and the photografer himself.

Freek

Comment

XTi for $570

When you are looking for camera bodies, lenses, accessories, etc., it is best to go to specifically photography stores online or at the actual store as they are usually much less expensive than the general electronic stores.

As for going with the XTi, make suer that you get a decent Canon lens to start out with. Don't go with the kit lens. The 28-105mm is a great beginner lens. Send Vishal Jolapara a PM if you want some more info on the XTI and 28-105 combo. He was the one who made me get a lens other than the kit one. He is an expert on the XTi.

Hope this helps.

-Chris

Comment

Most people here use a Canon or a Nikon, so I would stick to those brands.

But I would say that a good lens is even more important than a good body. Have you considered buying second hand? The one or two year old models go for nice prices so you might end up with more money for good glass.

Roel.

Comment

Hmm great advice guys....i have noticed some lenses cost more than the camera. What if i buy like a 200$ camera and a 500$ lense how would that work out?
                          BH Airlines A319

Comment

Originally posted by Asmir Hamidovic
                            Hmm great advice guys....i have noticed some lenses cost more than the camera. What if i buy like a 200$ camera and a 500$ lense how would that work out?
                            Yes, lenses do cost more than the camera. At least most of the really good ones, there are some exceptions. But when you buy a camera, you are buying a system. Your lenses will outlast your body. So make a decision based on lenses, not on the body. Both Nikon and Canon make good bodies and good lenses. If you get a body from either of those two, you know you will have a wide selection good quality lenses that are fairly easy to come by made by both canon and 3rd parties like Sigma, Tamron, etc. So if I were you I'd narrow it down to Canon or Nikon. Nikon has some lower end beginner level SLR's that are cheaper than Canon's midrange 20D/30D/40D types (40D is the current model). The best thing you could do is go to http://www.dpreview.com/ and look at their camera database, read about the cameras, then decide what you want.

Comment

So far i am leaning with the Nikon D60..what do you think?
                              Good price and good resolution.
                              BH Airlines A319

Comment

Working...
                              X