Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for shooting photos out the window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for shooting photos out the window?

Hey could I have some tips of taking photos out of the window of a plane? I wanna get good at it. The tips im looking for are simple tips like what to do with the camera before the photo or what angle or what time do i take the photo and so on...thanks...

Get a rubber lens hood so you can put the lens right up to the glass and block out any light that could be causing reflections. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
      Get a rubber lens hood so you can put the lens right up to the glass and block out any light that could be causing reflections. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.
      I usually just cup my hand around the lens against the window. I always try to sit on the opposite side of the plane where the sun is shining, so there's no lens flare and the window scratches are less visible. That's another beautiful thing about Southwest's open seating policy.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Open it.
        Tanner Johnson - Owner
        twenty53 Photography

Comment

Tanner, you're not helping !
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
            Open it.

Something tells me youd be the kind of person to do that

Anyway, I was wonderin how to get out-of-the-window shots less soft and a little more sharp but without graininess? or does the putting the camera right on the window do that?

Comment

I do, in my Cessna.
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                I do, in my Cessna.
                Now that is one-upmanship at it's worst!! You should be chastisized roundly for that!!

Get close to the window, touching if you can and as flat against it as you can, watch your horizon, compose with a recognisable bit of aeroplane and shoot!

Then clean up the crap in whatever programme you use, lol!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by exmanx
                  Now that is one-upmanship at it's worst!! You should be chastisized roundly for that!!

Get close to the window, touching if you can and as flat against it as you can, watch your horizon, compose with a recognisable bit of aeroplane and shoot!

Then clean up the crap in whatever programme you use, lol!

Andy
                  It's perfectly fine to open a window in the 172. The max speed that you can open a window in the 172S is the same as the Never Exceed speed for the aircraft itself.

Comment

is it really? Is it the same for the C152??

Having said that, much better than the PA28's 110 kias eh lol

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

Comment

The vNE for a 172P is 158, that is also the maximum open window speed.

I do believe it is the same in the 152, not the speeds but the window open being the same as the vNE.
                      Tanner Johnson - Owner
                      twenty53 Photography

Comment

Just make sure you secure any sectionals/papers you've got.

Comment

Working...
                        X