Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How i can request a large-sixe for my photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How i can request a large-sixe for my photo?

what are the requirements to apply for a large sixe photos?
    Thanks!

erm...I got mine writing a kind letter LOL...try it, you've got nothing to lose hehe...

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

Comment

i believe you need around 100 shots in the database before you get approved for a larger size.

Comment

Ah, I was curious abaout that, too.
        I like the photos better in 1280 x 1024. Or can the pics in the dbase be bigger than that? 1600 x 1200 ?

Comment

You can find the request form from the upload page. This is a direct quote from there about the requirements:

The normal maximum upload size at JetPhotos.Net is 1024 pixels in width. We do understand, however, that some photographers may wish to upload at sizes larger than this (up to 1600 pixels in width).

Due to the increased proficiency and skill that goes into uploading large-format photos, we require that photographers first obtain JetPhotos.Net Administration approval to upload at these larger sizes.

Please note that only long-standing photographers with a history of quality contributions, and few rejections, will be considered for this privilege. If your request is declined, show us what you can do -- submit some quality contributions, and request again!

We have found through several trials that rejection rates increase exponentially at sizes exceeding 1024 pixels wide. Our goal in introducing this screening process is not to prevent photographers from uploading large-format images, but rather to avoid unnecessary rejections of photos which would be very acceptable at 1024 pixels wide.

Thank you for your understanding, and good luck!

To request authorization to submit large-format photos, please type a brief paragraph below as to why you would like to be included in this select group of photographers, and click the REQUEST AUTHORIZATION button.

Comment

Also note that authorization can be revoked, not that it happens often.

Comment

I guess when more photographers are allowed to post bigger pictures there will be less 'compression artefact' rejections ...
              At least, this goed for me. I often have trouble keeping the sharpness when resizing (making smaller) the original pictures.
              I even think about taking the pictures directly in the smallest format, so I have to resize less.

Comment

I guess when more photographers are allowed to post bigger pictures there will be less 'compression artefact' rejections ...
                Au contraire! JPG compression artefacts have absolutely nothing to do with the resolution, but with JPG compression and how many times a JPG file is saved.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                  Also note that authorization can be revoked, not that it happens often.
                  May i ask in what circumstances does the priviledge get revoked. I want to make sure i dont do anything to have that happen to me

Comment

Just upload 100 crappy shots at 1600px width and you'll know better

Comment

If we request a larger size and it is granted do we have to upload everything at the larger size or can we keep the larger size for special photos and 1024x768 for the more normal photos?

Comment

If you get the larger size, you can still upload at 1024x... for example. Do not forget, that at larger sizes, flaws of a photo get more obvious to us screeners.

Comment

Working...
                        X