Aviation photography as a career...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philh
    Exactly right with the advice about being creative.

You have to stand out and go that extra yard further than the next man, not necessarily technically but in subject matter.

I`ve probably got several thousand side on shots on my Hard drive that I could upload here if I wanted to bump my numbers up, but they are BORING! They bore me to look at, never mind what other people will think, so they stay in my personal collection.

I now try and do something different (when I get the chance) and may only upload a couple of shots every six months, but at least they vary a bit from the norm.

You will also find that doing this hugely increases your percentage of rubbish pics as you don`t have an aircraft stood still 50 metres in front of you, but when you do find that good one it`s a much better feeling than looking through a list of acceptable humdrum side-ons!
    I agree with this completely, I do not get to the airport as often as I would like (I live 100kms away) and when I do get there I am trying to get as dynamic a photo as I can. However I am finding it very hard to do.

I am trying to be controlled in what I am putting up on JP, I have had a few rejections but this makes you concentrate harder when taking the photo and at the end of the day what I want is to take great photos of aircraft. I have along way to go and this site is fantastic for inspiration and ideas.

It probably will not end up as a career but if I can get great photos I will be happy.

Thanks to all for the advice and opinions, much appreciated.

Cheers
    Carl

Comment

Working...
    X