Welcome to JP Forums Milan

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
      Welcome to JP Forums Milan
      Thank's Alex.
      My photos on http://www.planesphotos.net/search.p...ch_user=Sinior

Comment

Originally posted by airPLAINcrazy
        and that I'd get $75 upon publication...mulled over it and thought, well OK fair enough and sent the image over.
        In short you agreed to the deal, (ie if they did not use the image then no money).

If a publication asks for a photo they should pay for it regardless of whether or not they use it. As you say your photo now sits on their database and possibly gets used in 18 months or so when all discussions about payment is forgotten. It is now for you to make sure they do not use your picture which is hardly ideal.

Better luck next time!

Comment

Dannis requested the original of my SQ 773 shot that I took at SFO. I told him that there was no need for anyone but myself to have such a large photo and he could enjoy the photo that was provided in the JP.net database as long as he did not use it for commercial purposes. Never got a response back... Guess he didn't want it bad enough.

Comment

^^ I said the same thing to him, he didnt reply either.

Dannis gets around!

Comment

Originally posted by benpaul12
              ^^ I said the same thing to him, he didnt reply either.

Dannis gets around!
              Personally, I think he's EDP.

Comment

Originally posted by wunaladreamin
                Personally, I think he's EDP.
                Wow Kenny when did you wander over here? You thought the guys at NYC were off....wait to you meet Chasen. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                  Wow Kenny when did you wander over here? You thought the guys at NYC were off....wait to you meet Chasen. LOL
                  Lol Ya think we'll get along?

Comment

Originally posted by wunaladreamin
                    Lol Ya think we'll get along?
                    Hmmm prob so..but don't upset him...he's scary when he gets mad..LOLOL

Comment

carsten

carsten i have had the same person ask me a dannis he has asked me for five photos each time i have said no i almost did but i just thought this guy is going to make money out of this and changed my mind.

Comment

Read post 23 in this thread.

Based on that I have let Dannis have a shot. Let’s face it there are not many publishers that would pay for a 2MB JPEG so I am not sure what we are worrying about.

(We are also assuming that a publisher would want our photographs which might be a little presumptuous.)

Comment

Originally posted by cja
                          Read post 23 in this thread.

Based on that I have let Dannis have a shot. Let’s face it there are not many publishers that would pay for a 2MB JPEG so I am not sure what we are worrying about.

(We are also assuming that a publisher would want our photographs which might be a little presumptuous.)
                          I totally agree. I have let him have one of my pic too:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6332415

The original file is 4MB but as you can see, it's nothing of a photo that would be good enough to publish. I also gave him the link to this thread so he knows he's famous. Hi Dannis !

Comment

Thats a strange looking 777 !!!

Comment

Yeah, that Dannis asked for a few pics of mine too. But at least when somebody asks for your shot to publish it, you will know where it will be published. I don't know, maybe I have a dozen publications, and its just me who thinks I don't have them .

Comment

Originally posted by AC870
                                I've been getting his requests for years now and I've sent him dozens of shots, it might sound suspicious at first but he just gets the shots printed for himself. I've spoken to people who have met him and the guy just loves 777s, I'm confident that he doesn't use the shots for anything other than his collection.

I've gotten a bunch of other requests for "personal use" though and denied most of them.
                                Well, he asked for these ones, they don't look like 777s too . These are the only 2 I sent him. And considering the number of picture requests he does - there's no room in any house\apartment to hang all those pictures, and what's the reason having them closed in some envelopes?

[photoid=6273375]
                                [photoid=6274893]

Comment

Working...
                                X