Bad hair day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad hair day

So you've shot about 200 images, there's one hour of decent light left and most of the interesting traffic you wanted to shoot is already on your memory card, then you realize this:

Oh crap, is that a hair on the sensor? That looks like a mean old mark. It almost looks like you've been shooting through some fencing.
    Chris Sharps
    5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
    17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
    24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
    1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

I think id be more concerned on where the hair had originated from ........ errrm...maybe not to be honest .

Bad luck though .... gonna take some cloning

cheers

Comment

I bet you got a right "Wigging" from your mates !!
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Oh crap! You know what, until you removed that hair, I hope you didn't, I heard that there's a software for automatic CMOS dust removal, you just take a picture of a white blank piece of paper or something, as a control one, then just put it into this software and it removes all the dust spots according to this reference picture you made. This might help you, but I'm not sure, never used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_Volchenkov
            Oh crap! You know what, until you removed that hair, I hope you didn't, I heard that there's a software for automatic CMOS dust removal, you just take a picture of a white blank piece of paper or something, as a control one, then just put it into this software and it removes all the dust spots according to this reference picture you made. This might help you, but I'm not sure, never used it.
            Do you know what it's called, or if it's within photoshop? That'd help me greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              Do you know what it's called, or if it's within photoshop? That'd help me greatly.
              No, its not within photoshop, I think its a standalone software. I never used it or anything, I just read about it somewhere quite some time ago.

Comment

The original software which comes with my Canon EOS has such a feature.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                  The original software which comes with my Canon EOS has such a feature.
                  Yeah, probably that's where I heard about it!

Comment

There is such thing, in Nikon world as well - but I seriously doubt it can deal with large objects like that - and it generally works with specks on the sky, grass, other solid colours.
                    There is no way for any software to rebuild details obstructed by dust/hair.

Sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by polarbear
                      There is such thing, in Nikon world as well - but I seriously doubt it can deal with large objects like that - and it generally works with specks on the sky, grass, other solid colours.
                      There is no way for any software to rebuild details obstructed by dust/hair.

Sorry...
                      Well, its not actually obstructed, there's no need to rebuild it - just to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                      X