Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rejection help

gday all...

got this shot that was rejected for being of a bad motive and bad angle. views and comments appreciated.

begs the question if that got rejected...then will this get accepted!!!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

cheers all.

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

I see the issue with the rejection ... the 2 guys are way to prominent in the image , is there an aircraft ?

That’s the motive for sure , they are the centre of attention therefore the aircraft is a secondary subject causing the framing rejection .

The second image you have far more of the aircraft in the frame however i feel you’ll get the same message , just not enough motive/interest in my opinion . If it were me id pull the image

just my opinion , but that’s what i see

cheers Tony

Comment

Hi Gurcharan,

It was actually myself that rejected the image. For me like Tony said, there is nowhere near enough aircraft in the frame in the first image, if there was a lot more of it with the pilots then it would stand more chance of getting accepted. Looking at it again it also seems to have a slight green cast.

The second image is much better motive wise, however it still does not have enough aircraft in it to be accpeted. It is also a little soft. If you want to show the pilot try to show the entire aircraft within the image so that it is the main focal point.

It's great to see shots from Oxford so please keep shooting and always try to keep the aircraft the main focal point.

Cheers, Chris
      Chris Sharps
      5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
      17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
      24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
      1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

ok thanks guys, now I understand the motive for the rejection. I uploaded these shots as I thought that the motive was pretty clear.

Next time I'll shoot the whole aircraft.

some night long exposures to come

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

Comment

Working...
        X