Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Airways rejection advice needed

Hi,

My below photo got rejected for being oversharpened and cropping/photo edges/size ratio.

About the oversharpening, I think it is because of the curved lines on the aft fuselage section (mainly the red line). However, I have seen similar photos in the database with these curved jagged lines and my experience with such lines is that they are practically impossible to rightly sharpen due to the nature of the lines (the curved shape). How can I better process such lines?

Regarding the cropping/photo edges/size ratio, the photo is 1024 x 715 which is within the size ratio. What is wrong here and how can I improve this?

My final question: Can this photo be saved?

A388

Originally posted by A388 View Post
    How can I better process such lines?
    Layers & Selective Sharpening
    Regarding the cropping/photo edges/size ratio, the photo is 1024 x 715 which is within the size ratio. What is wrong here?
    That even i dont know
    My final question: Can this photo be saved?
    Yes, you have my email id yea ?

Comment

Cropping: the lower right corner looks like a grey area after rotating a photo.

Oversharpening: jagged lines, mainly along the red and blue cheat line.

Both can easily be saved
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Roger,

Cropping....already explained.

Sharpening....

Sharpen the image until the first hint of jaggies appear which will almost ALWAYS be on a curved line.

Go back one step using key combination Ctrl + Z

Create a background layer. Sharpen again to overall requirement. Rub out the now very jagged curved line.

Flatten the image.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Not very relevant to your shot.. but try using the lasso to deselect the sky while sharpening as it may end up making it all noisy.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
            Cropping: the lower right corner looks like a grey area after rotating a photo.

Oversharpening: jagged lines, mainly along the red and blue cheat line.

Both can easily be saved
            Thanks A343. I really didn't see that grey corner to the lower right, thanks! I will take your advice into account.

A388

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
              Roger,

Cropping....already explained.

Sharpening....

Sharpen the image until the first hint of jaggies appear which will almost ALWAYS be on a curved line.

Go back one step using key combination Ctrl + Z

Create a background layer. Sharpen again to overall requirement. Rub out the now very jagged curved line.

Flatten the image.
              Thanks Brian, I have taken this into account as well.

A388

Comment

This pissed me off a bit, the photo got rejected again for being overprocessed.

See the link below:

Any tips are welcome.

A388

Comment

It must be because there is a halo around the aircraft

''Either caused by wrong sharpening settings and/or overuse of shadow/highlight or any other auto adjustment features,caused by wrong sharpening settings,or wrong use of a noise reducer''

(Photo Guidelines)

If you equalize the photo you must can see it
                  Last edited by arjenp; 2008-11-07, 21:58. Reason: edit text

Comment

It got rejected for over processing because it is over processed. The halo's are visable under the tail and along the top of the airframe. It becomes very easy to see when equalised. Causes, normally shadow and highlight tool but can also be caused by agressive curve adjustment.

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by jid View Post
                      It got rejected for over processing because it is over processed. The halo's are visable under the tail and along the top of the airframe. It becomes very easy to see when equalised. Causes, normally shadow and highlight tool but can also be caused by agressive curve adjustment.

Jid
                      Okay, thanks. I will have a closer look at these areas. Can this photo be saved? I don't want to invest any time in re-doing the photo if it can't be saved.

A388

Comment

Also my apologies for being rude before, I was just very confident the photo would pass this time. I'll re-do the photo again later today. Thanks for the tips.

A388

Comment

Can this photo be saved? I don't want to invest any time in re-doing the photo if it can't be saved.
                          It depends on your original. My gut feeling says yes, but I'd have to take a look at it to be able to tell. Can you send me a copy?

Comment

Originally posted by magic48 View Post
                            It depends on your original. My gut feeling says yes, but I'd have to take a look at it to be able to tell. Can you send me a copy?
                            Thank you for your assistance. Please send me a private message or email me when you have the time and I will send you my original photo.

Best regards,

A388

Comment

Working...
                            X