Which Monitor Calibrator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Monitor Calibrator?

I went for the Dell Ultrasharp 24" in the end as I was advised against the 27".

i want to calibrate it correctly, but dont want to spend over £100

What do you guys use? I know there are a lot of the calibrators out there, Spyder, Eyeone etc

Whats meant to be good? At a good price. I dont want to go too OTT
    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Calibration

I use the Color Vision Spyder 2 for calibration. The company Color Vision changed name for DataColor:

Comment

I use the Spyder2 at home and the Eye One here at work. I would recommend the Spyder, the build quality is better and I also find their software interface better with more function. I forget how much mine cost but it was around £60 and I don't have a clue what they are right now. For me though it has been well worth the money I spent.

Jid

Comment

Thanks guys. Thats the one i was looking at Jidster, the Spider 2. Dunno if PC World do em?? Any idea?

I did not realize you are into radio. I'm 2E0WSS, i did take the advance exam with no studying and obviously failed

Not got any radios atm, i do miss them
        Last edited by Shaggy; 2009-01-30, 08:55.
        Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Lee,

Color management tools integrate technology, engineering, and innovation to digitize color for the world’s biggest brands. Discover more with Datacolor.

All,

A question about these calibrators and/or LCD screens. I find that when I display my photos on my computer at work (LCD at work, CRT at home) any noise present in the photo is amplified greatly. Is this a function of poor calibration or just a fact of life with LCD monitors.

I appreciate any help.

Nathan

Comment

Thanks mate.

Just a point of note. Im gonna calibrate the monitor with profiles people have done for the Dell, just to see what its like (god i wish DHL would hurry up) then post the results.

If they are good i wont bother with the spyder.
            Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Depending on the quality of your monitor makes a big difference what you see when you apply a profile that you generate. Good quality monitors should not show a great deal of change but the difference it makes to a poor quality screen can be amazing! The good thing with Spyder software is it has a before and after function.

I have been licensed for quite a while Lee - G7EPN is the call and i am qrv on all bands from 20mts to 70cms

Jid

Comment

I done a about 2 weeks of research on monitors Jid. I was tearing my hair out in the end.

The Dell Ultrasharp 24" is the best bang for your buck ATM without paying stupid money. If I could have afforded it I would have gone for the NEC 24" as that is meant to be stunning out of the box. However, Dell = $400 NEC = over $1000

The Dell's colours are meant to be crap out the box, but after calibrating they are meant to be very good.

HURRY UP DHL
                Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

I use a Hazro HZ24 at home
                  The page you are looking for doesn't exist or has been moved.

A great monitor, not the cheapest but real quality.

Comment

I was gonna go for the Hazro as well Jid.

the Dell finally turned up. very pleased with it. Amazed how visibly bigger than a 22" it is.

I ordered this as well. Hope I done the right thing. The guy who i spoke to was very good and said this was the thing to get http://shop.colourconfidence.com/pro...od=1919&xSec=1
                    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

I also use the Spyder 2 for calibrating my screens. I find it works very well but i struggle to calibrate both my monitors to the same colour. I have an Imac twinned to a Dell Ultrasharp and i always find the Dell to have slightly less contrast and a bit more of a warmer tinge to it.

Chris
                      Chris Sharps
                      5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                      17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                      24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                      1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Originally posted by jid View Post
                        I use a Hazro HZ24 at home
                        The page you are looking for doesn't exist or has been moved.

A great monitor, not the cheapest but real quality.
                        Jid,

Where did you get your Harzo from? I've done a google search and can't bring up any UK outlets that stock them. I think the 20" screen i have will be too small once i get my new camera as the files are so bloody huge and have been looking at other screens. I'd be interested in getting an idea on price for the harzo compared to the ACD, NEC and Eizo's.

Chris
                        Chris Sharps
                        5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                        17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                        24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                        1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Overclockers.co.uk for the Hazro monitors.

A point of note. I lied when i said it was Spyder 3

I actually ordered eye-one display 2

Just calibrated
                          Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy View Post

The Dell's colours are meant to be crap out the box, but after calibrating they are meant to be very good.

HURRY UP DHL
                            Lol yeah, it's just stupid that they seem to have everything: brightness, contract, RGB all turned up to maximum as factory settings. How many people actually need something that bright?

It's beautiful once it's calibrated. I used Spyder3 Pro, and ended up with RGB each somewhere between 70-80, brightness 12, contract 50.
                            Now when would they give us a Kelvin temperature adjuster?

Comment

Working...
                            X