Hhhheeeeeellllpp !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hhhheeeeeellllpp !!

I recently had a "windows failed to start properly" problem (Vista Home) and had to restore back to a previous point.

Now I have a problem in that any picture viewed over the internet via AOL looks horrendously compressed. There's no problem with Photoshop, all pics on that are displaying fine. There is also no problem with using IE8 directly. It's only when I access via AOL. Obviously I'll be talking to AOL but in the meantime, if anyone has a fix for me I'd appreciate it.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Phew...fixed it. But if it happens to you.....

I went into......

AOL "Settings" .......

"Internet (Web browser) Settings"......

and checked the "Never compress graphics" button.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

AOL
      Well there's your problem.

Comment

windows
        Nope Eric... there is the problem....

Comment

I must say that I'm not that impressed with Vista. My biggest complaint is the large number of times I open a page and get a blank window with "done" in the bottom left corner. Back up one stage, click the link and it opens properly the second time.

Must also say that I'm thinking of dumping AOL. Trouble is, there are hundreds of people with my email addresses that I would lose, not to mention the businesses and banking that my email addresses are linked to.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy! View Post
            I couldnt agree more. 2 of my friends had AOL a few years back and it was a pain in the ass for them. They changed providers and discovered a whole new internet. No one ever looked back

Comment

Brian,
              Try this: Right click on the desktop somewhere, and choose 'personalize'. Go to display settings, and muck about there. It could be that the video adapter is not set for the highest resolution...it has happened to me before.

On a side note, Vista is one of the main reasons I will be soon going to Apple, and the new workstation they are coming out with. Seems that Apple really has it together, and a very stable OS...etc.

Hope this help
              Tim

Comment

Must also say that I'm thinking of dumping AOL. Trouble is, there are hundreds of people with my email addresses that I would lose, not to mention the businesses and banking that my email addresses are linked to.
                And that's why one should never use the email address of your ISP. There are enough free email providers in the world who will happily furnish you with a free email address. Of course, the Rolls Royce solution is to have your own domain, but you'll have to pay for that (even if it's not too much).
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
                  Nope Eric... there is the problem....
                  Alex hit the nail on the head!

Brian, i suggest you pick up said 'Windows' machine, open the nearest window and then think like an olympic shot putter! Then go to www.apple.com/uk/thestore and buy yourself a lovely new iMac!
                  Chris Sharps
                  5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                  17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                  24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                  1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Apples are great for being creative, they run photoshop like champs, also have all the neat video and audio softwares.

...Its when you actually want to do something useful that they suck.

Comment

Now I have a problem in that any picture viewed over the internet via AOL looks horrendously compressed.
                      Originally posted by E-Diddy! View Post
                      Agreed.

Obviously I'll be talking to AOL but in the meantime, if anyone has a fix for me I'd appreciate it.
                      Too bad you don't actually talk to AMERICA Online... but get stuck with IOL (India Online)
                      -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
                      -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

I have a Vista laptop, XP desktop and a MacBook Pro. I have no problems with either OS and I think all 3 are great. However the MacBook Pro is just so much quicker and a breeze to use, so if I had to pick one I would pick the MacBook. But I have have never had any problems with Vista, I have never had all the problems people seem to complain about..
                        "And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension." Senna, Ayrton.

Comment

Working...
                        X