X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just look at this pic!

This is one great shot!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

You may not see a lot in the preview, but open the link and you'll see what I mean.
    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

THAT IS AMAZING!

Kudos to you, Dan Valentine! And don't stop taking pictures!

Comment

For the love of .......... At first I did not know what I was looking at! Now THATS Photography!

I am Truly shocked! Thank You!!!!!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Is that real? It doesn't appear so. Looks like something out of a computer game. No offense to the photographer if it is real.

Comment

With well over 800MM zoom, the depth of field should not get the stars in focus. I think it is real but you never know, Looks impressive

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I'm speechless.

Comment

That is awesome!!! AWESOME!!!!!!
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

WTF?????!!!!

That's the most remarkable pic I've seen for a long long time........in fact I think I'm gonna shutdown my notepad and switch on a proper PC so I can see it better

Matt
                My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Just wondering, what space station is that? I would guess it is the International Space Statiopn, since it is the only one I know of (shame on me!), but it doesn't look like it!

The top portion looks like one of the early Apollo craft, without the lunar module. The cone and cylinder just reminds me of that. Butof course, since its 2003 and not 1968, it cannot be Apollo...so...what is it?

Comment

Are there more then 1 space stations then? I thought that only ISS was left and that the others where disposed of. After that the atmosphere did a good job burning them. Mir was burned just a few years back, no?

If it is indeed the ISS, then the bottom module would be the hub-module (don't know the official names), the module that all other modules will be attached to... eventually. The other module would have to be the habitation module, right?

Remember that the ISS is still very much under construction. On the advertising pictures it looks larger, and eventually it should (note that I am not saying will) be that large.
                    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

have to agree with emu on that one...
                      greetings,
                      Philip

Comment

umm.......

the space station looks like from some bad texturing
                        Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

It's from January 2002.

Point aside it is really awesome.

Comment

Amazing shot.

I was just wondering how this is possible. I've already spotted the ISS with binoculars here in Germany and it's visible for only a very short time (maybe 1-2 min.). And she moves very fast. So if you would follow her with the camera all the stars would be shown as strokes. In this photo they are just blurred. Or are the dots just some reflections? They have to be, otherwise a long exposure would not have been possible in my opinion. Any thoughts, guys?

Thomas

Comment

That is certainly not the ISS. It also couldn't be MIR since MIR was deorbited in March of 2001. The configuration is similar to some of the old Pegasus satellites launched in the mid 60's however all of those have also been deorbited. It appears to be something that was likely launched during the 70's though it could be newer. Probably a Soviet device since if it were Apollo era the module would have been on the nose of the main body. It does however appear to be non-operational. Note that the solar panels are edge on to the direction of the sunlight. On an operational bird the orientation would be to place them broadside to the incoming sunlight to maximize the produced power. The panels are also much smaller than would be expected on a recently launched bird.

When I first looked at this shot I wondered if the lower module was possibly a nuclear powerplant. (Satellites with nuclear plants are not supposed to be launched into Earth orbit by international treaty.) If that were true the "wings" could be radiating panels to dissipate heat energy. In that case the orientation of the wings would be correct, however the wings would have been installed on the lower module to simplify the hardware connections and save weight. Because they aren't and it's unlikely that such a satellite would be in Earth orbit I had to rule out the chance of it being nuclear powered.

That being the case I'm fairly certain it's an old bird that is long dead and just hasn't had enough orbital decay to reenter yet. In any case it's a good shot. Congratulations Dan.

Comment

Working...
                              X