No announcement yet.

Manchester this Friday (18th September)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester this Friday (18th September)

I've finally succumbed to signing up on to a forum so HELLO y'all! ... ... is there anyone out there that is visiting MAN this Friday that would like to link up for the day and maybe save me having to hire a car??

I'm flying up on bmi, due in at 0805 and back out at 1840.

Cheers

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Hello and welcome to JP! I'll be at MAN on Friday but only to catch a flight to Frankfurt then on to Moscow. It's a good airport though with plenty of photographic opportunities so I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Cheers Paul... have a good time in Moscow!

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

Just one question: why HB-IHC as forum name?

Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi Gerardo... well it's a very special memory for me so, since you ask, here's the story...

I travelled on this aircraft back in 1989 when it replaced the usual A310 on SR803 (LHR-ZRH) - the avatar is from the gate at Heathrow. I was travelling to my Grandfather's funeral in Sarnen which, I'm sure you will know, is the capital of canton Obwalden (my canton as a Swiss citizen) with my mother and aunt. Interestingly, the aircraft had recently been renamed from 'Luzern' to 'Obwalden' and we got an upgrade to business class as we boarded (they didn't know the reason for our trip). So, out of the 11 Swissair flights I've made, it's simply one of my best memories for the very special nature and coincidental things about that flight.

Interestingly, 'Obwalden' was also the name of the first aircraft I travelled on when I was just 3 years old - a Swissair CV440 (HB-IMR) and which I still have a flash memory of. How do I know the name: my mother remebers the huge cantonal shield that hung inside the cabin at the front.

I'm glad you asked because this brings me to something you may be able to help me with.

I sent AJ a request about my user names: HB-IMR is my photographer user name. Should I have used that for the forum? ... I notice that I don't get the JP Elite banner under my avatar on the forum, presumably because it is linked to HB-IMR???

Viel Grüss

Comment

WOW, interesting story. Didn't know you had some ties to Switzerland.

As for your JPElite tag, I'll forward it to the admins. That's too much on the tech side for me ....

Gerardo

Comment

Banner...

... done (by AJ) as we write! ... that's Swiss efficiency for you!

Comment

... performed by an Aussie guy. Must have Swiss genes somewhere

Comment

Hehe ... obviously under the influence of what a good friend of mine calls "Swissness"

Comment

Unfortunately I'm out of the country at the moment so wont be able to get over, sorry. Have a good time though and I hope it's a sunny day!

Comment

Thanks James - hope your trip is going well.

Unfortunately I'm out of the country at the moment so wont be able to get over, sorry. Have a good time though and I hope it's a sunny day!
                      Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X