Chinese photography...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese photography...

"Her dragonship" and I are travelling to China in a couple of weeks. It's an organised tour so I won't have a huge amount of time for any photography apart from transitting through the airports, mostly while waiting for flight departures.
    We arrive in Shanghai and during the tour have internal flights to Beijing, X'ian and Guilin and return home again from Shanghai.

Any tips and advice would be appreciated. I hear that the Chinese authorities aren't too keen on aviation photography ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    I hear that the Chinese authorities aren't too keen on aviation photography ?
    Brian - I see you've returned, welcome back.

Did you manage to get any aviation photography done?

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

A bit. The views from Shanghai, Beijing, X'ian and Guilin airport terminals were excellent...

....but...

....shooting through glass, sometimes double layers and some evil weather didn't help. Still I got a few useable shots and a rather nicely coloured wingview of the engines of our Virgin A340-600 glowing in the evening sunset light which is in the queue at the moment.

Comment

I'm still asking myself, if your wife knows her title "her dragonship" and how she would react, should an impertinent youngun ever tell her
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
          I'm still asking myself, if your wife knows her title "her dragonship" and how she would react, should an impertinent youngun ever tell her
          That lets you out then as the informant !!!

Comment

Correct, I'm not impertinent
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Me thinks it's time to start uploading again now that I found a bargaining chip.
              Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Working...
              X