IL-76 photos for consideration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IL-76 photos for consideration

Here are a few shots I got of this aircraft earlier this morning at KIAH. it was parked nose to nose with an Antonov 124. I took a few shots of both as well. Which ones, if any would be acceptable to upload to Jetphotos.net?

Sweet If it was me I should upload all! Great shots. The head on and a side view of the Candid should be nice.

And the 124 with the 76 in the background.

Great stuff!
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_broadfoot View Post
      Here are a few shots I got of this aircraft earlier this morning at KIAH.
      The way I see it being out there between 4 and 5 in the morning really paid off! Great quality shots as always Andrew, I'd definitely upload all of them.

Comment

I hate you !!

Stop talking about them and just upload them.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I think they all look good!
          DFW Tower.com

Comment

The only thing I'd say is 4 and 5 are very similar angles. Personally I find the amount of flare in No.5 a little distracting, so my preference of the two would be for No.4. That aside, they're among the best night shots I've seen for a long while! Beautiful images, particularly the one from behind the engines of the 124. To be honest, I need to stop opening threads started by you, Andrew. I'm getting a little tired of having to pick my jaw up off the floor!

Paul
            Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will upload them

Comment

Indeed great pics ! 1st one and 2nd are my favorites.

Alex

Comment

Firstly, great shots! Some great examples of night ramp shots...

However I'm going to attract a lot of negative attention here and go out on a limb and say, some of the shots seem to be over-sharpened. First thing that stood out to me when I looked at them were jaggies, especially when looking at the lines within the liveries. Just my 2 cents

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by legoguy View Post
                    Firstly, great shots! Some great examples of night ramp shots...

However I'm going to attract a lot of negative attention here and go out on a limb and say, some of the shots seem to be over-sharpened. First thing that stood out to me when I looked at them were jaggies, especially when looking at the lines within the liveries. Just my 2 cents

Dave
                    Ever get the impression you might be pixel-peeping a little too much, Dave?

As I said on MSN, I hadn't even noticed the jaggies until you mentioned them but you're right, they are possibly slightly oversharpened. However the question was are they uploadable, which they very much are. The exposure is perfect, as is the colour, composition... Basically they're superb, so the odd jaggy can be overlooked (and I genuinely don't think it's as bad as you say).

I'd still have absolutely no problem accepting these, although I'm still not keen on all that lens flare in No.5.

Paul
                    Last edited by PMN; 2010-02-10, 02:42.
                    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Thanks guys. Sorry about the jaggys. I uploaded shots 1 and 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X