Mojave (KMHV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojave (KMHV)

I've sent KMHV an e-mail but heard nowt back so does anyone know if the ramp tour at KMHV is still in operation or not?

Thanks in advance

Paul

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

As far as I know they are still open, but you can't take photos anymore on the tours!
    Regards
    Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

They were in March last year, but we turned up and the re-fuler guy who does the tours had gone home for the day already. Definately worth giving them a call first to see if he's there before you go.

Comment

Thanks guys.... as far as you know, are there any photo ops. from around the peri. fence?

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Yes there are, but heat haze is a killer! So morning and afternoon for photos.
          Regards
          Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

I did the tour last week. I just walked into the administration building and asked for it. They organized it right away. I only had to wait until a car was available.

The people are very nice and helpful. My opinion was that they have a hard time surviving as business is slow nowadays. The tour costs $5. You CANNOT take pictures on the tour but it is still interesting enough.

There is a perimeter around the airport from where you can take pictures. You need a big ladder. Even better is a pickup truck with a ladder (just buy the ladder at a Walmart and return it later) or a big jeep or truck on which you can stand on the roof.

Also consider going to Victorville which has more airplanes and better photo opportunities. You need a 4x4 to get around that airport but it is worth it.

Roel.

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel View Post
              I did the tour last week. I just walked into the administration building and asked for it. They organized it right away. I only had to wait until a car was available.

The people are very nice and helpful. My opinion was that they have a hard time surviving as business is slow nowadays. The tour costs $5. You CANNOT take pictures on the tour but it is still interesting enough.

There is a perimeter around the airport from where you can take pictures. You need a big ladder. Even better is a pickup truck with a ladder (just buy the ladder at a Walmart and return it later) or a big jeep or truck on which you can stand on the roof.

Also consider going to Victorville which has more airplanes and better photo opportunities. You need a 4x4 to get around that airport but it is worth it.

Roel.
              Thanks Roel!

Comment

Working...
              X