Spotting at Dusk/Night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting at Dusk/Night!

Well my little Fujifilm F70 EXR is good enough for now. I got 5 shots accepted in bad weather conditions so a bit of editing does the right job. I do not know what setting to use at night, or to use flash/ISO. I usually go with ISO 400, flash too and a model called sports mode, but pictures don't work out usuallu. I also have a model called EXR, I can have Auto, High resolution and priority, and shoot subject in detail. I can use Sports mode night with tripod, except the tripod I have is 3 inches :P. I could hold it really still on the fence hole but that is tough! What do you suggest? Here are some pictures of the camera. And use flash or not? Thanks!

Fujifilm has introduced the FinePix F70EXR featuring a new half-inch 10 megapixel Super CCD EXR sensor. It has a 10X image-stabilized zoom starting at 27mm equivalent and a 2.7 inch LCD screen. The EXR technology uses the sensor in three different ways to optimize resolution, dynamic range or low-light performance. The camera features a new Pro-Focus and a Pro-Low light mode which use multiple exposures in an attempt to mimic DSLR depth-of-field and low light performance.

Here is a lot of information of the camera. Tells you basically all. This could help.
    Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

I don't know your camera, but flash only ever reaches over a certain distance and, as a primary 'on camera' light source, it isn't generally very desirable... more of a convenience for snapshots.

If you want to capture aircraft / scenes in low light... you can basically forget flash photography.

What you need is the ability to keep the shutter open for a number of seconds and, usually, a tripod.

For example: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6669764

... as my remarks mention, the exposure lasted 2.5 seconds.

It looks like your camera has the relevant modes to be able to do this but you need to read the manual / try things out to find out for yourself.

Try to keep the ISO as low as possible.

Paul
    Last edited by HB-IHC; 2010-03-27, 17:49.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Working...
    X