Lhr 01/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lhr 01/05

Our plan is to visit LHR next weekend if weatherconditions are acceptable.
    One of our party has been there already once and knows a little bit around the airport. Still we would be very thankfull if there are local spotters around who can show us around a little while on our first day there so that we are capable of finding our way around the other two days we're out there.

Help is very much appreciated
    THNXS in advance
    AD

Hi Ad... there's a very good chance that I might be around on Saturday and able to assist. What times are your proposed flights?

Paul

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Well Paul that would be very nice.
      We are actually travelling by car and taking the eurotunnel at 6 a.m.( 5 a.m. UK time). Depending on the travel from Folkestone to LHR ( we're not used to drive left side) I think we will be approximately at about 7 at LHR.

Comment

Hi Ad - there is a very good chance that I will also be doing some spotting at LHR that weekend, of course subject to weather conditions. If you want we could exchange contact details over e-mail and touch base nearer the time.

Paul - it would be good to meet up with you too after a while and I would love to hear about your recent adventures .
        CheersAziz

Comment

Look forward to it Aziz...

... Ad, I've PM'd you with my e-mail address and we can take it from there (CC Aziz to set up loop).

Not sure I'll be around for 0700 but will know nearer the time and can send you full details on GE for the early morning if I don't catch you first thing.

Paul

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

I was there last Friday from 0730 onwards. The light won't be that good until after 0800 and better from 0900 as the sun is smack on the nose if they're on 09L or smack on their tail if on the 27's between 0730 and 0800.

..and a word of warning when you get on to the M20 from Folkestone. DON'T speed, well, no more than 75 - 80 MPH as the police are having a crackdown on speeders and are using unmarked cars (Volvo V70's, SEAT Leons and a VERY hot unmarked motorcycle). They do NOT have a sense of humour. Once on to the M25 watch your speed on the section after the A3 junction 9 as there are speed cameras on every overhead gantry. If you hit a temporary speed limit section the cameras automatically adjust to the new temporary limit + a small percentage.
            Last edited by brianw999; 2010-04-25, 08:55.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Paul and Aziz thanks once again. Messages are underway to you.

Brian thanks for the warnings....rather spend money on a beer and not on a fine
              Last edited by AdLob; 2010-04-25, 16:43.

Comment

sounds like a date, weather permitting, I may be down there myself!

Comment

Working...
                X