Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotten FRA, June 4 & 5

Hello all,

Next week, I am planning to go to Frankfurt for two days of spotting, depending on weather off-course.
    After one in day in Dusseldorf (Thursday) we'll arrive at friday morning around 9am in FRA and we'll stay until saturday 6pm or so.

I do have a hotel in mind already but every info about cheap hotels in de Frankfurt-area are welcome and also info about special arrivals and so on.....
    Maybe there are other guys with same plans for that weekend?

regards
    Freek
    Last edited by wrxflyer; 2010-05-25, 07:34.

I will be at DUS on the 3rd and planning FRA either for the 29th, 30th or 6th.

In FRA I would use the Inter City Hoitel Frankfurt Airport. It less than 5 minutes walking distance away from the spotting positions on the 25L/R.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reaction Stefan.

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
      I will be at DUS on the 3rd
      Let me guess; for the A380?
      I'll be there as well and probably we are not alone, I suppose...

Comment

For the A380 and as my wife would insist for the food in the cafetiero bar in terminal bar.

Comment

I may be at FRA on the 5th, but I am not sure....
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

Extend the spotting a bit on the 4th, I will land in FRA with the MD11F around 10:15pm (if we are on time )

Comment

Originally posted by WILCO737 View Post
              Extend the spotting a bit on the 4th, I will land in FRA with the MD11F around 10:15pm (if we are on time )
              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Was this you as well?

Comment

Originally posted by arnie View Post
                http://www.jetphotos.net/link/photo_link.php?id=6296318

Was this you as well?
                could be... I am on my cell phone and cannot check my logbook, but it might have been me I will check later.
                Nice shots of a nice airliner

Comment

I just checked, I was on vacation when you took these shots. So it wasn't me

One more thing about the spotting, don't forget the spot at runway 18, nice spot there and you can see all the departures of runway 18 and during the evening the sun is just lovely there.

Hotels aren't too cheap in Frankfurt, depends if something special is going on. I usually stay at NH Hotels or Ibis or Mercure, they can be as low as €40 a night.

Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by WILCO737 View Post
                    I just checked, I was on vacation when you took these shots. So it wasn't me

One more thing about the spotting, don't forget the spot at runway 18, nice spot there and you can see all the departures of runway 18 and during the evening the sun is just lovely there.

Hotels aren't too cheap in Frankfurt, depends if something special is going on. I usually stay at NH Hotels or Ibis or Mercure, they can be as low as €40 a night.

Have fun.
                    Too bad . I might have been on vacation as well when I took these shots.

For the spot at runway 18 you need something to stand on, otherwise you won't get clean shots. There is a possibility to stand on the railing, but I wouldn't advice to do so, though.

Comment

Too bad . I might have been on vacation as well when I took these shots.

For the spot at runway 18 you need something to stand on, otherwise you won't get clean shots. There is a possibility to stand on the railing, but I wouldn't advice to do so, though.
                      True about the 18, I was standing on that railing as I was too lazy to bring a ladder, but not a good idea especially during windy conditions. And it is difficult as the aircrafts pass you, then you have to twist your body quite a bit which makes it even more dangerous on the railing... And be prepared: if the weather is nice it will be packed there...

Comment

Hi all,
                        I'll be in FRA 4-5th - Weather looks great for now

cheers
                        Alex

Comment

I won't be there. I have to shoot a pretty girl in a bikini in front of a Porsche...

Comment

I won't be there. I have to shoot a pretty girl in a bikini in front of a Porsche...
                            I think I hate you

Comment

I have a sportscar as well.
                              So you just have to bring the pretty girl Don't mind if you forget the bikini. It won't be cold for her, I promise

Comment

Working...
                              X