Help me schipol spotters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me schipol spotters!

Hi everyone! Next month I'll be in Schiphol for two days of spotting. There is a thing that I still don't understand: what are the best hours to spot from the terrace. Morning or afternoon? Please help me because it's an important information also to understand when rent the car! Thank you very much in advance!
    Alessio

Originally posted by ZK-OKH View Post
    Hi everyone! Next month I'll be in Schiphol for two days of spotting. There is a thing that I still don't understand: what are the best hours to spot from the terrace. Morning or afternoon? Please help me because it's an important information also to understand when rent the car! Thank you very much in advance!
    Alessio
    What I experience as a local is that it doesn't really matter what time you are there.
    With 2 common used runways in your sight there is always a moment that the aircraft has the sun on the right side when it's taxing towards the runway or gate.For the other spots around the airport you need more information about the best times to be there.

Use http://www.schipholspotter.com/ for that kind of information and also other local spotters on this forum can give you that information

To give you a idea:

11:01
    [photoid=6497709]
    16:33
    [photoid=6414853]

Again,while taxing they turn a lot which gives you enough opportunities
    to take photos

Comment

Spotting from the terrace is defenitely best in the afternoon/evening!
      In the morning you'll facing the sun.

But, as Arjen already mentioned,every arriving/departing aircraft turns a lot when rolling to/from the gates, so there are plenty oppurtinities for good pics.
      Even in the early morning.

Let me know when you are coming. If the weather is good I ll be there sunday , August 8 for spottng all day long.
      I can give you a ride, if you like that

Freek

Comment

This page about EHAM is a little outdated but still very usable.

This guide is also very handy: http://www.plane-spotter.com/Airport...rGuide_AMS.pdf
        (note that at spot G it is not allowed to park! €60,- fine!)
        Just park your car at an official parking spot and walk to the spot(s) you want to go and you'll be fine. (Or rent a bicycle!).
        My Travels across the globe
        Pictures I am proud of

Comment

Thank you very much for all your very usefull answers! Now everything it's clear!

Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post

Let me know when you are coming. If the weather is good I ll be there sunday , August 8 for spottng all day long.
          I can give you a ride, if you like that

Freek
          Thank you Freek for your kindness but unfortunately I will be in AMS From 29th of August until 31th!

Comment

Working...
          X