Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting at Gatwick (LGW / EGKK)

Hey everybody,
    I am planning to go for a day's worth of plane spotting at Gatwick on Tuesday (3 August). Any information I can get will be helpful: good spotting locations, security situation, best times of day, equipment needed... anything. Maybe somebody of the locals will be there as well - would be cool to join up and talk shop a bit.
    I really hope to get some replies and information here. Thanks in advance to you all.
    Peter

Hi Peter

If traffic is westerly (80-85% of the time) then you can walk from the terminal down the Eastern Perimeter Road which passes the end of 26L.

This road is no good if traffic is easterly (08R) and other locations are really only reachable by car or very long walk.

I will be there on Tuesday and can pick you up in the morning but I will need to go before returning in the afternoon to drop my daughter off for her flight to Jersey.

Send me an e-mail from one of my photographs and I can sort something out for you.

Viel Grüss

Paul
    Last edited by HB-IHC; 2010-07-31, 21:40.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Working...
    X