Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My decision...

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....CA&Sp=C&topnav=

I have decided to get this kit, does anyone have something to add? Is it good or bad, anything that I should know, and also, does the 55-250 come with the ET-60 hood? Does anyone have more pictures of the bag, because I would like to know the size inside, because it most likely fits only the DSLR with the 18-55 on, and the other lens beside right? Thanks
    Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
    does anyone have something to add?
    To make you change your mind again?

Just buy it and go take some photos.
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Good choice Jan you have enough here to hit the ground running.With a bit of experience you have the basic tools to take some cracking shots.
      When you get some inheritance or get an increase in salary you can add some L glass
      David

Comment

Hi, thanks, I am sticking with this cause it is the best, bag, telephoto lens and a DSLR. If I would buy all this stuff seperatly it would be more expensive, I was thinking of the 70-200 F4L, but due to money it is probably not going to happen. Maybe in a couple years, but does this come with the ET-60 hood?

Comment

...but does this come with the ET-60 hood?
          I was looking at some reviews and Wikipedia (bad source, I know ), they all seem to say that it does not include the hood and it is optional.

Lens hood: ET-60, optional

Hope to see some awesome photographs!

Nehal

Comment

Note: this lens is notorious for some really bad CA on the edges of the pictures, and under performs in lower light situations...THat being said, as a start, this is the inexpensive way to jump in. Read this review carefully before the purchase: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx and then consider that this lens is an EF-S lens, which is compatible only with EF-S rated bodies. ALSO...make sure that the kit lens is the IS version, which will help with the picture quality.

Comment

Originally posted by twagenknecht View Post
              Note: this lens is notorious for some really bad CA on the edges of the pictures, and under performs in lower light situations...THat being said, as a start, this is the inexpensive way to jump in. Read this review carefully before the purchase: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx and then consider that this lens is an EF-S lens, which is compatible only with EF-S rated bodies. ALSO...make sure that the kit lens is the IS version, which will help with the picture quality.
              You are refering only to the 18-55? I notcied that on the pic it is a DC lens, non IS, but if I ask them further and get more information, maybe it is the IS version. @ Nehal, when they say optional, is it that you can include it in your order or is it just that you can buy it seperatly? Thank you

Comment

@ Nehal, when they say optional, is it that you can include it in your order or is it just that you can buy it separately? Thank you
                Hi Jan,

I am not sure with Canon as I am more familiar with Nikon, but I believe that it is not included. Best thing to do would be go into Costco and check. If they don't include it, looking at the prices from Blacks and Henry's they sell it for about $30.

Hope This Helps
                Nehal

Comment

Working...
                X