Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon Releases 60D, 4 lenses, and 2 entenders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PMN View Post
    You clearly haven't been in a position of renewing your body recently; I have, so we're seeing this somewhat differently.
    And when the time comes to renew it, I know what it will be....a 7D or whatever mkx variant of it.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
      And when the time comes to renew it, I know what it will be....a 7D or whatever mkx variant of it.
      If you can afford it then there's no problem. I had to go for a second hand 40D bought from a friend and it's a great camera. I won't complain if it lasts me another 3 years - by which time Canon may just have got their shit together!
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Still happy with my trusty 40D and a 20D as backup. The 50D was nothing ecxiting for me when it came out, the 7D wasn't also the next "must have". My next step will still most probably be a 5D MkII.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I guess I can wait and see, as it appears that the super tele line up is currently being revamped to the 800/5.6 for weight reduction etc., I'll just wait for the 600/1.4 Pack mule must be included in MSRP.

Comment

Having owned a 10D,20D,40D,50D and a 7D i am not really sure why anyone would contemplate a 60D.
            Most of the 40 and 50D lovers have been screaming for years wanting better AF better build weather proofing etc.
            Well its all in the 7D and yet they only want to pay the same as for a 50D.
            Sorry to rain on their parade but that aint ever going to happen..ever.
            7D is a great package for its price it offers you stuff i dont even have in my MK4's.
            Canon have realigned there range with the 60D being effectively a 600D..i paid 10% more for my 7D that i did for my 20D in 2004 and its a 1000 times more capable in all types of conditions.
            Im starting to think you really cant please anyone anymore.
            Actually im pretty happy with the new super tele's..

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Howie View Post
              Having owned a 10D,20D,40D,50D and a 7D i am not really sure why anyone would contemplate a 60D.
              Most of the 40 and 50D lovers have been screaming for years wanting better AF better build weather proofing etc.
              7D is a great package for its price it offers you stuff i dont even have in my MK4's.
              Canon have realigned there range with the 60D being effectively a 600D..i paid 10% more for my 7D that i did for my 20D in 2004 and its a 1000 times more capable in all types of conditions.

If there was a Facebook stylee "like" button on here, I just ticked it.

Comment

Well none of this is changing my opinion.

My images on Flickr

Comment

I've always wanted a Canon 5D MKII. I still do, but it wont happen for a while now. I personally thing the 60D will sell ok for the reasons that, the screen pops out, more and more people are buying DSLR's now a days, a lot of them are, well what you call amateurs/newbs. Those people tend to not use the viefinder, so they think, oh, great releases! I dont have to poke my eye in that little hole! Which is not my case, because I never use liveview, unless I put the camera on the ground and take a picture of a object. I think Canon should basically redo models, just improve on them, like the XT, XTi to the XS, XSi, those are very good releases that keep selling, in my opinion, if they keep doing Rebel's like this, they will still be selling very well. But the lenses... A lot of photographers on this site use a 75-300mm non IS lens, I find that this lens is just bull. They buy it cause they need one, and they cant afford another. The new 70-300 F4L, 1500$ for it, no thanks, seriously, i'll just get a 70-200 F4L with a convertor, it really is just ridicoulous. I will not chance for Nikon, as I find them cramped and uncofortable for my own reasons, but someday, if that will be the only option, perhaps it will happen. But then again, SONY is starting to kick in as being one of the best.
                  Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
                    A lot of photographers on this site use a 75-300mm non IS lens, I find that this lens is just bull.
                    What on earth is that evaluation based on?

My images on Flickr

Comment

What on earth is that evaluation based on?
                      Exactly. That lens is known to be better than the 55-250.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Howie View Post

Agreed!

My opinion is that the days of under prices DSLR's (30/40/50D) are over now. The last 5 years have been absolute boom years in terms of people buying into the SLR world. Digital has opened up photography to more photograhers than anything else in it's history. Canon/Nikon/Sony/Pentax etc have sold some very good cameras at very good prices to get everyone into the DSLR world, gradually we are going to see everything in photography rise to levels that Canon and Nikon are exhibiting now. They have raised it's popularity with cheap prices and now they need to take their prices back to sustainable levels. While exchange rate is a factor it would not surprise me one bit to find that they are now needing to take more profit per unit which is also driving the higher prices.

Realiging the ranges will always happen and in 5 years it will happen again. That's what all manufacturers do in every sector. Look at Audi, 10 years ago it was A4/A6/A8. Now they have new ranges (A1/A3/Q5/Q7) and gradually certain models are getting bigger/more etc.

Get used to these new Camera prices and start saving.

As far as im concerned Canon still has the best lens line up out of any manufacturer. Camera wise they are starting to fall behind Nikon however both companies offer FANTASTIC camera bodies.

To change manufacturers based on one camera launch is rather silly i think.

Thats my 2cents.

Chris
                        Chris Sharps
                        5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                        17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                        24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                        1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Originally posted by chris78cpr View Post
                          To change manufacturers based on one camera launch is rather silly i think.
                          I agree, but who said their decisions were based on the 60D alone? I certainly didn't. I've been finding some of Canon's decisions interesting for a while (mostly the fact Canon appear to be playing the 'more pixels' game which I've never liked).

I don't know about anyone else but I'm certainly going to be basing any potential decision to switch systems on something somewhat more significant than a single camera.

My images on Flickr

Comment

I agree, but who said their decisions were based on the 60D alone? I certainly didn't. I've been finding some of Canon's decisions interesting for a while (mostly the fact Canon appear to be playing the 'more pixels' game which I've never liked).

I don't know about anyone else but I'm certainly going to be basing any potential decision to switch systems on something somewhat more significant than a single camera.
                            What other decisions? While their latest camera isn't a true upgrade to the XXD line i can't see many of their other decisions as being suspect?

Recent L Lenses have been improving their key optics (85F1.2L II/24F1.4L II) They have the most comprehensive prime line up and are focusing on adding to it and updating with newer tech, (100F2.8 L Macro).

Their P&S's are getting better and better, take the G11 and S95. Add in their consumer ones and they have the best line up bar maybe Leica or some of the Panasonic cams.

Their SLR's have the 1D4 which is fantastic, the 7D is a great camera, the 5D2 again a great camera, 1Ds3?... yup great camera.

They have the best line of TSE lenses, while Nikon released 3 new ones, Canon countered with a new 24 (the criticised one) and up'd the game with the 17mm.

I would love to hear these other suspect decision on canon's part?

Chris
                            Chris Sharps
                            1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Yeah, like having to replace an entire lens collection? You really want to give up the awesomeness of Canon lenses (and cheifly L glass) and have to sell all lenses to re-invest in Nikkor glass?

I really think some of you wanting to switch are slightly forgetting the lens issue.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
                                Yeah, like having to replace an entire lens collection? You really want to give up the awesomeness of Canon lenses (and cheifly L glass) and have to sell all lenses to re-invest in Nikkor glass?

I really think some of you wanting to switch are slightly forgetting the lens issue.
                                Don't be knocking Nikkor Glass! You know my love for it! hahaha
                                Chris Sharps
                                1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Working...
                                X