Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon Releases 60D, 4 lenses, and 2 entenders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris78cpr View Post
    Don't be knocking Nikkor Glass! You know my love for it! hahaha
    Yeah, i'm not sure why you haven't gone over to the dark side yet

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
      Yeah, i'm not sure why you haven't gone over to the dark side yet
      I will never go to the dark side however i may dabble in it!
      Chris Sharps
      5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
      17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
      24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
      1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Yeah, like having to replace an entire lens collection? You really want to give up the awesomeness of Canon lenses (and cheifly L glass) and have to sell all lenses to re-invest in Nikkor glass?
        I own 1 L series lens, the rest (apart from my 50-500 which I'd get a decent price for) are neither here nor there really. I wouldn't have a huge problem replacing my lenses.

Anyway, why the huge outcry at the thought of changing systems? It isn't exactly an alien concept; I've preferred the handling of Nikon cameras for years (there's your other "suspect" decision, Chris, and I'm not quite sure why you use the word "suspect"). I don't really see what's so difficult to understand about someone possibly thinking about changing systems.
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

I will never go to the dark side however i may dabble in it!

Err....can you try and steer this back on topic please?

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
            I own 1 L series lens, the rest (apart from my 50-500 which I'd get a decent price for) are neither here nor there really. I wouldn't have a huge problem replacing my lenses.

Anyway, why the huge outcry at the thought of changing systems? It isn't exactly an alien concept; I've preferred the handling of Nikon cameras for years (there's your other "suspect" decision, Chris, and I'm not quite sure why you use the word "suspect"). I don't really see what's so difficult to understand about someone possibly thinking about changing systems.

Huge outcry? Where? I can't see one. All I can see is people moaning about the 60D and others providing their pov as to why they (Canon) did it.

So, why didn't you just buy Nikon in the first place? Might have saved you a whole lot of bother down the line?

Comment

Err....can you try and steer this back on topic please?
              Your the one taking it off topic! lol
              Chris Sharps
              1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Oh ok, i thought you had a similar amount invested as James and I based on the amount of photography you seem to be doing. In that case then yes, the cost of change for you would be substantially less.

There is no outcry about changing systems, i think Nikon offer a great system. However i think if you've spent time with Canon, bought Canon and use Canon to good effect then there really is no reason right now to change system, even based on ergonomics. I used the word suspect because you made the comment without backing it up with examples. Maybe it's because i read too many forums but i often hear someone criticize a system for reasons that can't be justified.

I have to ask though Paul, if you have preferred the handling of Nikon's for years, then what made you buy Canon in the first place?

Chris
                Chris Sharps
                1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

I have to ask though Paul, if you have preferred the handling of Nikon's for years, then what made you buy Canon in the first place?
                  Basically because that's what I tried properly first, I didn't really fiddle with Nikon until I had a couple of Canon bodies and lenses. Don't get me wrong, I love my Canon gear! I genuinely do, but I do hammer it and it's getting tired. I've just bought a 40D that had a new shutter fitted recently from a friend so effectively I have a fairly low usage camera which will hopefully last me a while, but I bought it because I don't have the money for a 7D and I just didn't want a 50D. I've heard of and seen too many cases where the 50D hasn't performed well on noise, and shooting what I do sticking at low ISO's isn't really an option. I want to be able to shoot at concerts at ISO 3200 without really worrying about it (like I can on my 30D) so I didn't like the idea of that particular camera. I also thought it was a totally unnecessary move by Canon from the 40D when other manufacturers were still being sensible about their pixel counts.

So yeah, I haven't suddenly turned anti-Canon by any means. I'm not anti-anything (I hate all the Canon v Nikon bullshit as much as I hate the Airbus v Boeing bullshit), it's just that if Canon want to rearrange things in such a way then I'll maybe look into alternatives. If everyone is making the same moves then I'll stick with Canon. It's gonna be a while off before I do anything, at least until my 40D breaks or a lottery win comes along!
                  Last edited by PMN; 2010-08-30, 21:32.

My images on Flickr

Comment

I think everyone raises some good points here..The Canon vs Nikon crap which flies all over is basically that..
                    Both make great bodies and whichever route you go you will get great results. Canon seems to get the short end of the stick now where 4 years ago it was Nikon(in some respects deservedly) copped it.
                    If i owned a 50D now id be casting a serious eye at the 7D as its far more capable and offers stellar image quality.
                    I mean look at this...killer shot
                    [photoid=6910325]
                    Anyway i think we are all spoiled for choice and quality and given the price the 7D is a bargain and anyone with a 50D,40D etc looking to upgrade would be insane to not look at it seriously after they have ditched all the rubbish written about hi MP sensors being average..if in doubt look at the image above.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Howie View Post
                      hi MP sensors being average..if in doubt look at the image above.
                      Of course that's a great, clean image, but it's ISO 100 in perfect light; hardly fair circumstances to judge the performance of any camera. I want to see the results when things are seriously pushed to judge performance, not when they're ticking over!

I do agree though that having fiddled with the 7D (the very 7D Darryl Morrell took that shot with in fact) it sure is a great camera. I'd order one right now if I had a spare 1200 quid lying around!

My images on Flickr

Comment

I do agree though that having fiddled with the 7D (the very 7D Darryl Morrell took that shot with in fact) it sure is a great camera. I'd order one right now if I had a spare 1200 quid lying around!
                        Sell your IMac ?

Comment

Originally posted by cja View Post
                          Sell your IMac ?
                          Ooooh harsh!

My images on Flickr

Comment

LOL you could never sell an IMAC once you have used one..bit like a MK4...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Howie View Post
                              LOL you could never sell an IMAC once you have used one..bit like a MK4...
                              I can only dream about the MK4 but you're damned right about the iMac, this baby ain't going anywhere!

My images on Flickr

Comment

Just for you Paul...sorry bout the large size but i think you will get the idea.
                                ISO1600 with the 7D..think you can see even at a rez of 2000 it kicks arse...nowhere near as bad as zillions would have you believe and this is ISO1600...the full image cropped is 4700 across and simply superb in terms of noise control..

Comment

Working...
                                X