Similar photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post

That was in the past, and you are not giving any advice just writing shite. Thank you, now let's end this little conversation.
    Hi Jan,

I laughed out loud when I saw your comment on Gerrardo's photo and I am sure Gerrardo also saw the funny side to it.

I must also congratulate you in showing a matured attitude in face of some provocation, especially for a teenager. Well done

CheersAziz

Comment

Originally posted by DC10&MD11 View Post
      Hi Jan,

I laughed out loud when I saw your comment on Gerrardo's photo and I am sure Gerrardo also saw the funny side to it.

I must also congratulate you in showing a matured attitude in face of some provocation, especially for a teenager. Well done

What he said.
      My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
      My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
      ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
        What he said.
        Originally posted by DC10&MD11 View Post
        Hi Jan,

Thank you
        Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
          .Good Crew reply Alex with a nice tone that helps prevent the nature of this thread going south.
          First time I have quoted myself ....but south it went in spite of efforts by a couple of crew.Good constructive reply from Roel.
          Well done young Jan for your restraint...and nothing wrong with being a passionate and enthusiastic young person even if you come across wrong to some

Comment

Yep Dave it went a bit south

Roy, I tried to explain you politely and on a mature way that you might not be 100% right but can you accept it or not ?
            Remember you see your friend's rejection but you NEVER get to see the rejection the crew members get. And that makes a hell of a difference... So instead of sticking to this quiet "paranoid" idea please think about it twice.
            Like I and Brian told you before, we are probably stricter to crew members that we are to regular uploaders, now if you don't want to believe it at all well I don't know if it's useful to comment more...

Jan, I forgive you

Alex

Comment

more to the point, we see whats accepted and we compare to our rejections.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy C View Post

Weird example there given the oldest shot was taken in 2007 before G-TCCA received winglets, and the newer shot was taken in 2010 after it had received winglets. So, how this is similar in your opinion I really don't know.

As for crew receiving preferential treatment....not so....here's a link to a rejection of mine from last week.....oh and guess what the reason was...similar:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3237370

Comment

So would these two images be considered similar?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3257767
                  and
                  http://www.totalnfs.net/c_d_files/DS...t-Object-1.jpg

If I understand the rules, the second one is not acceptable - and I would therefore have to photograph the plane in the daytime (meaning images similar to the many already taken in the daytime). Taking photos of moving planes at night, you don't get much choice to pick and choose your motives and planes you photograph. You hope and pray one of the images will be sharp, well exposed and free of noise.

Comment

Great shots, but they are indeed similar. You can of course pray, they don't send always the same reg at night
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

No chance at the moment - thanks to the brilliance of Rolls Royce engines blowing themselves up. OQF and OQE are the only A380s flying with Qantas at the moment I think. The rest are all grounded, and VH-OQC must by now be gathering dust.

I guess I'll have to find somewhere other than the two major sites for hosting the photos I want to put online without going through queues and screening processes, and have a customised site to present them on. Zenfolio perhaps? It looks good, but I'm wary. Nothing against this site of course.

Comment

If it is just for hosting photos, why not picasa or flickr? I see them widely used to showcase a photogs portfolio.
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I'd like to do some print sales, and not need to worry about that myself - Zenfolio handles all of that, even shipping. Flickr or Picasa appear a bit generic - where the other one seems like I can customise/personalise it a bit more. But it also costs per year, but I do get a domain name in the costs, and I can certainly do some SEO to push up near the top of the ratings on the major search engines.

I'll upload some things here though - but not everything. I'd been procrastinating about doing my own site for long enough, and did some designs (even coded one of them up in PHP) and got bored with them. So Zenfolio looks like a reasonable alternative.

To be honest, my computer programming/computer building days outside of work are over, I get too tired. I just want to get something, have it work - and if it doesn't work - take it someone and ask them to fix it.

I know Flickr has a number of options - might have another look at them.

Comment

Sorry to bring this back up again, but I have a question about one of my recent rejections. As you can probably guess, it was rejected for similar, and strictly speaking the angles are the same. However, I felt that the framing and motive of each shot was sufficiently different to not be considered similar.

The accepted shot is here:
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6990894

And the rejected shot here:
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3257983

Now aside from the fact that the category wasn't ticked (I could've sworn I checked it, but oh well...), I really don't feel that these shots are similar. The 2nd shot just shows so much more detail around the nose section, along with the reflection that really isn't all that clear in the original photo. It was also rejected on appeal.

Out of the two photos, I really feel that the rejected one is actually better and would prefer that to be on. If there is a consensus that they are in fact too similar, would it be OK then to delete the original one from the database and upload the 2nd one?

I might just also refer you to an example of when two such similar photos have been accepted (links provided with the photographer's permission):
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6584675&nseq=1
                            and
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6584651&nseq=2

I look forward to your responses.

Cheers,
                            Gareth

Comment

Gareth , from what i see the 1st link is nothing more than a close crop of the already posted image , the reflections are identical.

The 2nd shot is a totally different background .

plus i also suspect the "double" rules have / are being altered since June 09.

regards

Comment

Gareth - personally I don't think they are similar. Even though the second one is a close up version but (as you already said) there are details that are visible there which in my opinion makes it distinctly different.

As Tony mentioned and I also realised that the "similar rule" are much more stricter now than before. However even with very strict rules applied I still fail to see them being similar. But that's just me

CheersAziz

Comment

Working...
                                X