Similar photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC10&MD11 View Post
    As you mentioned that the 45 degree is not a RULE. It is a GUIDELINE, just like centring of an aircraft. i.e. shots like these http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6954914&nseq=0 are accepted although the aircraft is not centred. The way I view it is that I was being imaginative to get a different perspective. Which is quite possible to achieve (without getting more than 45 degrees lateral movement) as there are both lateral and vertical movement of the aircraft.
    Mate this is getting really, really tiring and I'm running out of ways I can explain it. The image you've linked to here is a completely different type of composition, and as a photographer you should be able to see that it neither artistically or technically belongs in a discussion about similar images. It's of absolutely no importance here whatsoever.

I'm more than aware of the difference between a rule and a guideline. In this case a very well known guideline has been applied to your images and as such one has been rejected. I honestly can't understand why you're not just moving on from this, and it's actually mentally tiring trying to explain something that's so simple time and time again. You're wasting your own time and energy continuing this, and frankly, you're wasting ours as well. We can't explain it any clearer than we have and we're not going to change the guidelines just because you disagree with how they're applied at times. Please, just accept the fact they're similar as far as this particular site is concerned and move on, (if only for the sake of my poor fried little brain).
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Hi Paul - I am sorry if in any way I contributed to your brain being fried . That was never my intention.

Also please don't get me wrong that I am trying to overturn the decision that's been made. I fully accept that. I was just trying to broaden my knowledge and understanding. In the process I have requested for clarification of some of the examples/logics that were presented.

I didn't include the KLM shot for being in the category of similar shots. But just to show an example that even the most fundamental guideline of aircraft having to be centred in frame can be over looked for given situation. Therefore my understanding is that the guideline of 45 degrees could be overlooked too for given cases.

Have a nice weekend .
      CheersAziz

Comment

Hi Paul - I am sorry if in any way I contributed to your brain being fried . That was never my intention.
        Ha! I know it wasn't, I just finished a 300-photo evening screening session (bearing in mind that I never really screen in the evenings because I'm at my least productive) and went straight into trying to explain that. Note to self - next time I'm doing things in the evening, have a few beers at the same time!

You have a nice weekend too.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Phew...that was an epic you two....is it safe to come out now
          for staying power Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
            Phew...that was an epic you two....is it safe to come out now
            for staying power Paul

Thanks David. I am glad you liked the epic show
            Last edited by DC10&MD11; 2011-01-08, 21:27. Reason: typo correction
            CheersAziz

Comment

Just when you thought it was safe to come out.....here comes Version 2:

This pic -

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3263841

was rejected for being similar to this one -

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6632779&nseq=4

Am I the only one here again who is baffled?
              CheersAziz

Comment

This pic -

Ok Aziz you could argue the toss about the similar reject until the proverbial Bovine come home
                But your rejected shot would sure as hell be rejected for heat haze.Ok the accepted shot has a lot of distortion to the right of the photo(due to apu emissions)but the decrotive red tail acts as the focus and this tail is clear..hence this is my 2 cents as why this shot was ok.

Comment

This pic -

We actually discussed this in the crew forum, and while I don't think we came to an absolute decision as such something that was pointed out was this:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...933682&nseq=34

Although uploaded as the specific aircraft it's still a line-up of Qatar tails. Again, I think rather than questioning the rejection it should be more of a case of looking for different angles. Something a few of us did agree on was that the quality of your rejected image is nowhere near database standards, and perhaps this is a case where it would have helped if that had been part of the rejection reason. We do try to list all appropriate rejection reasons but the odd few do naturally slip through, even when we're sober!

My images on Flickr

Comment

It also has to be said Aziz that you could go to that spot every day for a month and shoot maybe a dozen or more different tails each day.

The result would be a shedload of different tails taken from the same spot and uploaded as ramp shots.

.....and there's the rub, as RAMP shots they are similar.
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks Brian and Paul,

The link I provided for accepted similar photo was the link that was sent to me on appeal rejection and to be honest I laughed out laud when I saw that

I kind of see your point now and while uploading the rejected photo I did think about that too. However the reason I decided to proceed with the upload is that if you notice that in the accepted photo all the QR tails are new/special scheme. In the rejected photo all the tails are old colour scheme. Since the photo of a particular airframe at the same airport/angle with two different colour schemes are acceptable, so I though this might be too. Just explaining my rationale as I don't want to be known as Aziz Serial Similar Uploader Islam .

I also had a few other people thinking along the same line as me, but unfortunately for me - your rationale didn't coincide with mine. Yes the quality is different of the rejected image and if that was also mentioned in the rejection then I may be even wouldn't have appealed.
                      CheersAziz

Comment

However the reason I decided to proceed with the upload is that if you notice that in the accepted photo all the QR tails are new/special scheme. In the rejected photo all the tails are old colour scheme.
                        The answer:

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        you could go to that spot every day for a month and shoot maybe a dozen or more different tails each day.

The result would be a shedload of different tails taken from the same spot and uploaded as ramp shots.

.....and there's the rub, as RAMP shots they are similar.
                        This is why even regardless of the one uploaded as the aircraft your two ramp shots are seen as similar.

I don't want to be known as Aziz Serial Similar Uploader Islam
                        Don't take this too harshly but you are kinda getting there in this respect mate!

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
                          But your rejected shot would sure as hell be rejected for heat haze.O
                          Hi David - thanks for your observation. As I have already mentioned in an earlier post that my gripe was that it was ONLY REJECTED for similar. If a screener said it's heat hazed or even crap then I don't have a problem with that

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                          The answer:

This is why even regardless of the one uploaded as the aircraft your two ramp shots are seen as similar.

Don't take this too harshly but you are kinda getting there in this respect mate!
                          Although I don't find any answer in the answer just like in the previous one. But the dreaded tag hurts even more Good job I will be away working for few days (and may be a bit of spotting too!) so you won't see any new uploads from me for next few days............
                          CheersAziz

Comment

Although I don't find any answer in the answer just like in the previous one.
                            Well you're gonna have to wait, it's 03:28am and I need sleep! Maybe I'll leave someone else to explain this one!

Enjoy your trip.

My images on Flickr

Comment

I just read the thread and how can the aussie blokes photos be similar? one is a close up the other a landscape, what a load of rubbish.

you should'nt be so nice to them dc10&md11, they are just trying justify themselves and some crap decissions

the frist picture is of the wing and 2 engines the other isnt, they make my blood boil that they hide behind the rules but can't accept that their inconsistant application of the "rules" just pisses people off."

then off course we have these
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7015114
                              then........
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7020719
                              then........
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7020713
                              then.......
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7015152
                              ????????????????????????
                              SIMILAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Errrrmmm, is that “do as I say and not as I do ????

Comment

Roy, those exact four images have been discussed in the crew forum so we do address these things. To be perfectly honest I'm not personally prepared to discuss anything with you until you adjust your appalling attitude. There are ways of discussing things and you need to learn this isn't it.
                                Last edited by PMN; 2011-01-15, 14:12.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X