Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Girl and Proud Dad

Heya, dear aviation photography community

Let me introduce Susana, with her first photo in the db.

[photoid=6980114]

What's special for me: she's my 9.5 years old daughter and already has been infected by the photography virus. As a daddy, it's absolutely fantastic to share this hobby with his kid!

Cheerio
    Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Did any of her pics get rejected ?

If they did, let me know who and I'll send the boys round !!!

You would appear to have some competition.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

3 have been rejected (2 appeals pending), 6 still in the queue. So far it's more having fun together than competition, .... which will change as soon as she gets more hits, a first SC, ... Then I will have to screen her photos myself

Comment

Very nice.....makes me remember the time my boy was little and I used to take him a lot to Schiphol but apparently didn't infect him with the aviation virus...but what a heck....every bodies own life, now its a 15 year old driving me crazy an deaf here in the house with techno,hiphop, rap and so on and so on

Comment

At the moment, we still have some influence on her prefered music: from Led Zep to Billy Joel, from AC/DC to ... shite! ... Lady Gaga!!

Comment

Really nice to see that she is having fun with the same hobby as her father. Really cool.

About the music taste: all went right till you write the name of that Lady...

Regards
            A portuguese photojournalist living in Brazil.

Comment

LED ZEP !!! AC/DC !!!

Heeeey, that's MY kinda kid ! Who said the youth of today don't know they're born ?

....but.....Lady Gaga ?

...oh dear !

Comment

....that must be nearly as bad as small props for you ?

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  ....that must be nearly as bad as small props for you ?
                  Lady Gaga is not as bad as those Gerardo..hey
                  BTW Brian were the young Whiteleggs introduced to the delights of Popham at an early age.......scrap that Brian I just could'nt resist
                  Nice show from young Susi Gerardo.I wonder will she unseat her old man as one of the main photographers at LSZH........or maybe in the future she will be found hanging around Swiss glider fields with a Canon...70D.Now that would be a turn for the books Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
                    ........or maybe in the future she will be found hanging around Swiss glider fields with a Canon70D. Now that would be a turn for the books Brian

Of such things are dreams made.

(Actually...gliders don't do a whole lot for me !!)

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                      (Actually...gliders don't do a whole lot for me !!)
                      I'am not too surprised at that Brian..but to make the point I had to think of something lower than the typical Popham resident(I'am only ribing ye)

Comment

Congrats to your daughter. My son(8 years old) like to take pictures and video when were out watching planes or trains.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
                          or maybe in the future she will be found hanging around Swiss glider fields with a Canon...70D.

Sssshhhhhhh! There is a glider field close to us ... but she doesn't have to know!

Unless, she buys me a 70D! ... Talking about dreaming!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nssd70 View Post
                            Congrats to your daughter. My son(8 years old) like to take pictures and video when were out watching planes or trains.

Doug
                            That's how she started, snapping everything with her P&S camera ... a CANON IXUS of course . So, keep this interest alive.

Comment

Same way I got my wife into it. Problem is that sicne she got serious about it we need 2 decent DSLRs. Good thing is that I have no problems in justifiyng a new DSLR since then.
                              My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
                              My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
                              ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

Working...
                              X