No announcement yet.

Sorry but what is going on here please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry but what is going on here please.

Sorry if it is so obvious but what exactly is going on here

Ok something is going on with the crowd in front of the aircraft but for a shot to be accepted with so much foreground clutter/obstuctions surely the photographer should have given us some description in the remarks before it was accepted...I do know that it is not compulsory to fill in the remarks..but in this case it would help in understanding the event and in turn the acceptance.

It looks like it's the arrival of "Sinterklaas"

Here you can find some info about it :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas
    Last edited by Bjorn1979; 2010-12-29, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
      It looks like it's the arrival of "Sinterklaas"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas
      I take that is the Dutch for Santa Claus Bjorn and I kind of suspected the same myself but one should not have to take out a magnifying glass to determine what is going on in an accepted photo.

Comment

I must admit it would be nice to have a description of what's going on in this case but you've kind of said it yourself, David, it isn't compulsory to write a comment. The photographer in this case chose not to add one which is entirely his choice and isn't something we're going to reject for. There's always the option of contacting the photographer directly if you have any questions relating to one of his photos.

Anyway, how come that thing's powered by turbofans and not reindeer? Cheaters!
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
          I take that is the Dutch for Santa Claus Bjorn and I kind of suspected the same myself but one should not have to take out a magnifying glass to determine what is going on in an accepted photo.

No this guy is really different then Santa Claus, this is Saint Nicholas.
          When you click on the link i send and read the article you will see that this guy has nothing to do with christmas

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
            Anyway, how come that thing's powered by turbofans and not reindeer? Cheaters!
            And Reindeer are probably more powerful than the 4 hairdyers that thing has under its wings!

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
              And Reindeer are probably more powerful than the 4 hairdyers that thing has under its wings!
              Haha! It could be a twin instead of a quad!

My images on Flickr

Comment

No this guy is really different then Santa Claus, this is Saint Nicholas.
                When you click on the link i send and read the article you will see that this guy has nothing to do with christmas
                Bjorn maybe he has nothing much to do with Santa on December 25th but on reading the linked article he sounds a bit like the fat guy in a red suit that comes down the chimney on Christmas eve except he has white horses in place of reindeer.
                Thanks for the info and Happy New Year and the same to all Crew and Uploaders

Comment

Bjorn maybe he has nothing much to do with Santa on December 25th but on reading the linked article he sounds a bit like the fat guy in a red suit that comes down the chimney on Christmas eve except he has white horses in place of reindeer.
                  Thanks for the info and Happy New Year and the same to all Crew and Uploaders

Yeah indeed a fat guy in a red suit and a white beard but he comes on the 5th of december. Your welcome and have a nice happy new year to.

Comment

Yeah indeed a fat guy in a red suit and a white beard but he comes on the 5th of december.
                    I could SOOOOOO make a rude comment there !!! Something along the lines of coming early !!

Happy New Year all....
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

You could easily Brian, and also about how Sinterklaas gives us all pleasure

Happy new year tot you too

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        I could SOOOOOO make a rude comment there !!! Something along the lines of coming early !!

Happy New Year all....

Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
                        You could easily Brian, and also about how Sinterklaas gives us all pleasure

Happy new year tot you too

Chris do something the moral fiber of the crew is dropping like a stone

Comment

Chris do something the moral fiber of the crew is dropping like a stone
                          Wait until tomorrow when I'm seriously on the red wine!

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                            I have to defend the Dutch and Belgians here. We also celebrate Christmas, Santa and all. So logically we don't come early, we come twice!
                            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                              Wait until tomorrow when I'm seriously on the red wine!
                              No doubt Paul you will be well recovered and ready for action in the New Year.
                              Just while I have you here(I know off topic but that has already happened a few replies back)...but I plan to bring either my 40D or 400d to a medium sized indoor music concert and if not using a flash what are good settings re Noise etc.Even just a rough guide that worked for you before.I plan to bring my 70-200mm f/4.0L.I have a 70-200mm f/2.8L also but would rather not bring that.
                              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X