Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite Aviation Photographers

Hi guys,

After browsing through numerous sites like JP.net, I have a list of my favourites and some of the best ones in this field out there!

In no particular order:

Randall Johnson (Some stunning shots as of late on the other site)
    Jonathan Zaninger (Again on the other site with his razor sharp shots)
    Steve Morris (No brainer, will be omnipresent on this thread)
    Pascall Malliot (Again, razor sharp shots)
    Sarmad Al-Khozaie
    Javier Guerrero
    Jørgen Syversen
    Anthony Jackson
    Vishal Jolapara (Almost a neighbour - Aapnoch manas)
    Edwin Chai
    Andrew Broadfoot
    Chris Denton
    Sam Chui
    Danijel Jovanovic - ATI
    Bailey - ATI
    Ismael Jorda - ATI
    Colin Parker - ATI

Just a few of them whom I really follow with the first two on my bookmarks

What are your favourites?

Yash

Ismael Abeytua (only displays photos in ATI and Pbase)
    Carsten Bockermann (actually he's not aviation photographer but when he does shoot aviation, he kicks out the s... of any mentioned here!)
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      Carsten Bockermann (actually he's not aviation photographer but when he does shoot aviation, he kicks out the s... of any mentioned here!)
      Interesting. Any links?

Comment

Carsten Bockermann's travel photography can be seen here: www.cabophoto.com
        His aviation photos are not published, well ... not officially I saw many of his photos and saw the photos, when we were on a spotting day together.

Comment

Let me add some to my list above

- Ismael Abeytua (only displays photos in ATI and Pbase)
          - Carsten Bockermann (actually he's not aviation photographer but when he does shoot aviation, he kicks out the s... of any mentioned here!)
          - Joe Pries (his photos brought me into aviation photography)
          - Chris Weldy (shows different approaches to aviation photography, with new angles and new locations)

Comment

Yash777: Thanks. (where is the embarrassed emoticon).

Now I'm pretty new around here, so I don't really know many people. So my favourites are probably these ones:
            Ron Stella (don't think he posts here - but talented)
            Florian Trojer (don't think he posts here - but talented)
            Tony Printezis
            Sam Chui (always gets the great shots consistently)
            Seth Jaworski
            Javier Guerrero
            Vishal Jolapara (getting great photos in what seems like locations not friendly to photographers)
            Darren Howie

Darren's night photos encouraged me to try that - and it's something I really enjoy to take photos of moving planes in the dark. It's a challenge, and satisfying to make it work. Also got my motivation to take aviation photos back.

And away from the major aviation photo websites - probably Major Brian Shul, retired from USAF, who was a Sled-Driver - and is an awesome photographer. I have two extremely rare and expensive limited edition books from him and his RSO - I'll treasure them for the rest of my life. He now runs a photography business.

And another credit must go to a photographer I used to work with - I learned a lot from her. What I thought I knew, well, I certainly learned a lot more thanks to her kind advice and patience.

Comment

My faves..
              Top of the list Luke Ozawa from Japan..doesnt upload but 3 awesome books to his credit and stellar images all round.
              In no particular order..
              Craig Murray...Awesome photog one of the originals.
              Sam Chui same again
              The airteam guys. Amazing images from all of them daily inspires.
              Chris Denton..Great to see someone pushing his gear the way i love to getting some awesome night shots.
              Gerado..awesome photographer and great advice over the years.
              AJ...great air to air stuff through terrible glass on flight decks.
              Ryan Fletcher..again a non uploader but awesome photographer.
              God i could go on but one thing is there are always new guys coming along which is a great thing.

Comment

Good thread!

There are a lot of photographers I respect and I'll keep adding them as and when I think of them, but ones that immediately spring to mind:

Steve Morris (obviously) - He has great gear but more importantly he knows how to use it, and he knows what to look for. His images are among those that inspire me to pick up my camera and go shooting.

Jorgen Syversen - Someone with an instantly recognisable style of shooting (not easy to get in the world of aviation photography) and a genuine passion for creating images. He's a damned nice guy too!

Fokker Aircraft - I have no idea of his real name so I'll have to just stick to that, but he uploads some of the cleanest, most technically correct images around and the quality of his work is always consistently very high.

Huw Hopkins - He doesn't upload here much but he's a very natural and gifted photographer with an imaginative eye and a deep rooted passion for both aviation and non-aviation photography. He's only about 18 and he'll be an incredible photographer by the time he's 30.

Dave Henderson - He may be a git from Northern Island who I had the ultimate misfortune to teach (sorry Dave, had to be said!) But his passion for aviation photography is incredible and he's worked insanely hard over the last 2 years to go from being a complete beginner to someone who can produce a consistent level of quality that's leagues above many people who've been shooting for decades. I always have great respect for people who are willing to put serious time into learning and have the ability to drive themselves forwards, and Dave is about as good an example of that as I can think of in aviation photography. He's still a git though!

Sean Norman - He only has a few images here and a few more on A.Net and doesn't seem to have been too active recently, but the standard of his work is always high and his heartfelt comments show a true connection to the scenes he shoots. A very natural and genuine photographer.

I'll add more when they pop into my little brain.
                Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

One addition

Selzere Christophe - Another prime guy from CDG

Phew. What do those French guys do for a living?

Comment

mmmmmh,
                    I'm really a very big fan of

Martijn de Rooze

[photoid=6744592]
                    [photoid=6758250]
                    [photoid=6485147]

If you don't know his portfolio, get yourself a cup of coffee/tea, a beer, sit down and enjoy...
                    http://www.flickriver.com/photos/812...r-interesting/
                    for me he's among the best because it's not only about the gear (big up to the CDG 500mm club )- but more the way he mixes aviation photography and nature... and that's not an easy thing to do at AMS...

Fyodor Borisov, a great photographer but also one of the nicest person on earth.

[photoid=6666872]
                    [photoid=6367378]
                    [photoid=6220121]

There are other names out there but these are 2 guys that are inspiring me the most...

cheers
                    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                      Good thread!

There are a lot of photographers I respect and I'll keep adding them as and when I think of them, but ones that immediately spring to mind:

Steve Morris (obviously) - He has great gear but more importantly he knows how to use it, and he knows what to look for. His images are among those that inspire me to pick up my camera and go shooting.

Jorgen Syversen - Someone with an instantly recognisable style of shooting (not easy to get in the world of aviation photography) and a genuine passion for creating images. He's a damned nice guy too!
                      Jorgen is one of my favourites as well. He often tells me he has the flu because he is spotting in 10cm of at night or when it's bitterly cold. I enjoy talking with Jorgen on the internet and always love seeing his photos here and on flickr! he sure is nice! Got to love seeing his 600F4L :P
                      Steve Morris has great shots too even though he has some of the best equipment possible but like you mentioned, he can use it!
                      Sam Chui, well he does have some stunning shots but if you would have a job that you were flying 50% of the time in a helicopter then you would probably get the same shots. Then again he is still talented.
                      NustyR, I am always inspired when seeing his shots! Especially night panning shots! He has a few photos here but if you check out his flickr, wow. I think he is equal favourite to Jorgen...
                      David Brook, he does work in the YYZ tower but he always ceases to capture the moment of a aircraft movement, he is also a real nice guy!
                      Ron Stella, great photos on flickr and a few here! Another great guy!
                      This guy here has some fantastic contrail shots, but he does have a 1200mm lens
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpro747/
                      Maybe I have some more, don't remember though
                      Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

JPC van Heijst, Daan Krans, Florian Trojer, Steve Morris, Ken Iwelumo, Jørgen Syversen, Randall Johnson, Gerardo Dominguez, AJ. To many to list really, but those are the ones I look out for the most.

Comment

Overall Number One for me has to be.....Steve Morris.

For sheer technical brilliance....Andrew Broadfoot.

For unrelentingly plugging small props......ME !!!!! Just kidding ! I can only wish to be as good as the names mentioned before.
                          Last edited by brianw999; 2011-01-10, 22:36.
                          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                          X