File recovery - Mac OS X 10.6.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File recovery - Mac OS X 10.6.6

Hi, I fear I've accidentally deleted a file in Mac OS X 10.6.6. More annoyingly it's one my better photos, and I got a photo request for it too (fortunately not a very big one - and I'll probably decline it) - and I cannot find it in my backups (though the other photos from the same day are there).

It's not in the trash. The original memory card is a 32gb one, but I've used that quite a bit since the date in question (December 2010) so I figure the data is probably gone from it.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I'm trying StellarPheonix which I downloaded to scan the memory card first, before i try a scan of the HDD (1TB 7200rpm on a Quad-core Xeon 3.2ghz MacPro 5,1)

File recovery software might work as long as the original file has not yet been overwritten. At least you have two options for recovery, either from the hard drive on you Mac or your memory card.

Good luck!

Comment

Very unfortunately - I tried everything, and it was pointless - couldn't recover the image.

I'm really surprised that the PSD file for the image also went missing. Couldn't believe I was unable to find that - my workflow means that I embed the RAW file into the PSD. So at the moment, I have no other option but to reshoot the photo. It's not an easy one to get either.

Comment

At least it was not an image of a unique event then.
        If you managed it once I am sure you will do it again.

You probably mis-filed it or if you are using Aperture dont forget to hit "store image in original location" before you import it into your Aperture library.

Comment

Working...
        X