Where I buy lens in SXM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I buy lens in SXM?

Hello, anyone know where I buy lens in SXM with good prices?

Never been there but if prices are like any other holiday island I know they'll be bloody expensive !!
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Really? I ask because here in Brazil the tax is very expensive with any photo product, and informed me that in SXM would be much cheaper for a free trade zone tax exempt. And as I never went to it too and am having the first opportunity next week was wondering if anyone had already bought her lenses. Anyway thanks and hugs!

Comment

Hi Rafael,
        I have bought both my Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS USM and EOS 50D body in Sint Maarten and paid a lot less than I would have done in Europe. The store I used on both occasions was Boolchand's - they have a number of stores throughout the duty free Caribbean and I received excellent service from them. They have a large store in Front Street, Philipsburg - there are probably others too. http://www.boolchand.com/ I hope this helps.
        Brian

Comment

Well...that's me wrong again then.

I feel a trip to SXM coming on for my Nikon D7000 body !!
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by StMawganE14 View Post
            Hi Rafael,
            I have bought both my Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS USM and EOS 50D body in Sint Maarten and paid a lot less than I would have done in Europe. The store I used on both occasions was Boolchand's - they have a number of stores throughout the duty free Caribbean and I received excellent service from them. They have a large store in Front Street, Philipsburg - there are probably others too. http://www.boolchand.com/ I hope this helps.
            Brian

This is where I bought a lens from too....but here's a warning......they have different prices listed in their book they use to look up the pricing, so you might need to bargain with them a bit. The prices seem to change when the cruise ships come into port. If I were you I'd try and visit them on a day when there are no cruise passengers around.

Comment

That's exactly what I did - avoided a cruise ship day. Also be aware that some of the camera shops will offer you a really low price and then suddenly discover that the lens or body is not in stock and try to sell you something more expensive. Like everything, you need to have your wits about you!

Comment

Personal thanks a lot for the tips. After everything I've read I think I will have no trouble making purchases, which now needed to know already know. Thank you so much for the tips! Hugs

Comment

Brian thank you so much. The shop you said is really a spectacle, and the prices are very good! I managed to buy my 18-200mm for shooting in SXM.
                  Hugs.

Comment

Hi Rafael, I'm glad I could help. Enjoy the lens! Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X