First time poster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time poster.

This is my first post, I've been lurking a while. Going to take a first step into DSLR. Am considering a D90 with AF-S DX 70-300 4.5/5.6, AF-S 18-105 3.5/5.6, and an AF-S Micro 105 2.8. Will this allow reasonable ac shots from near runway locations? My previous photo experience is with an OM1 and some prime lens's. Thanks.

Bob
    Aviation Technician
    CYZX

Hi Bob,

First of all, welcome! The equipment you mention will certainly give you the potential to produce high quality images, although something that's quite important to realise with this kind of digital photography is that how you post-process is just as important as how you take the actual photo. Images usually need a little tweaking once you get them on the computer to get the best out of them, and learning how to do this tweaking can be a slightly frustrating process at times! There's plenty of help available here though and we'll always try our best to help you along the way if needed, so yeah, I'd say the equipment you mention is perfectly fine. Next step is to get it and just shoot as much as you can!

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Thanks. I was considering getting Nikons Capture NX2 for post processing, but have been told there is very functional "FreeWare" available to do this. My computer is a rather old 15in wide-screen laptop with 128Mb video RAM. Im thinking Photo Shop Elements might be a bit much. CS2 would require more learning than Im willing to put into at the moment.

Bob
      Aviation Technician
      CYZX

Comment

Working...
      X