X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lense(s) to my dads Nikon D40X

My dad owns this equipment:

Nikon D40X
    Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm 3.5-6.5GII (kit lense)
    Nikkor AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR DX

But he is not happy with the lenses and he is looking into buying 1 or 2 new ones.

The mainly use of the camera is airplane spotting
    We have found som interesting lenses and I would like to have som feedbacks from you on these:

Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR
    Shop at Ritz Camera for Digital Cameras, DSLRs, Lenses, and Camera Accessories. Get great deals and free shipping on Canon, Nikon, Sony products and more.

Nikon 55-300mm AF-S f/4.5-5.6G DX Nikkor ED VR
    Shop at Ritz Camera for Digital Cameras, DSLRs, Lenses, and Camera Accessories. Get great deals and free shipping on Canon, Nikon, Sony products and more.

Nikon 28-300mm AF-S f/3.5-5.6G Nikkor ED VR

Nikon 18-200mm DX f/3.5-5.6 ED VR II

Nikon 16-85mm AF-S DX NIKKOR f/3.5-5.6G ED VR

Hope you can help us to choose. If you have other lenses to suggest please let me know.

Originally posted by vede View Post
    My dad owns this equipment:

Nikon D40X
    Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm 3.5-6.5GII (kit lense)
    Nikkor AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR DX

But he is not happy with the lenses and he is looking into buying 1 or 2 new ones. ...
    Surely the answer to this question depends upon two criteria:

1. the reason(s) he is unhappy with his equipment
    2. the specific requirements he has (cost, quality, specific types of image etc. etc.)

For what it's worth, I've found the following lenses to be good investments for my current requirements:

Nikkor 18-200mm VR 1:3.5-5.6G ED AF-S
    Nikkor 70-300mm VR 1:4-5.6G ED AF-S

... and most of my JP.Net images dated from around August 2009 to current day are taken using these two lenses.

Hope that helps

Paul
    Last edited by HB-IHC; 2011-03-07, 14:44.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

He is unhappy because of the quality of the pictures. We want quality and quality cost so the most important is not the price, but just to say something around 1000USD maximum.

Comment

Working...
      X