• LX-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
    Yes, and the proposed 200-400!
    Either that or a new car for that money

Leave a comment:

• chris78cpr
    replied
    My travel kit is the 5D2/7D and the 17-40/24-105 and 70-200F2.8LIS and 1.4x. Covers everything i want or need. If im on a shooting trip then the 100-400 gets thrown in the bag too.

Nothing beats shooting at the airport with a 5D2 and 70-200F2.8LIS/1.4x with a 7D and 100-400 on the over shoulder. Gets 99% of what i need to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• Felipe Garcia
    replied
    Maybe I'll be able to buy that one by 2020

Leave a comment:

• B7772ADL
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    Seems that great minds think alike ...

Next after the TC will be ... perhaps ... a EOS 5DIII, or however it will be called

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Seems that great minds think alike ...

Next after the TC will be ... perhaps ... a EOS 5DIII, or however it will be called

Leave a comment:

• B7772ADL
    replied
    On holidays I try to reduce the baggage to a minimum. As I simply adore the 70-200, I decided to travel around with my 24-105, 70-200 and to get a 1.4 TC for the extra reach on teh 70-200. Perhaps I also carry around the 10-22 for the extra effects.

You copied me didn't you

That's my travel set up...10-22, 24-105 and 70-200 + 1.4x

Covers 90% of things I find.

Leave a comment:

• ecapdeville
    replied
    ...I simply adore the 70-200, I decided to travel around with my 24-105, 70-200 and to get a 1.4 TC for the extra reach on teh 70-200. Perhaps I also carry around the 10-22 for the extra effects.
    Thats exactly my lens GEAR!!!!! hahaha perfect!

Plus a 1-D MkII and a 7D

a dreamy combination

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
    Pushing a film - shooting at a different ISO speed than that on the film and correcting in developing, (and no i did not google that)

Leave a comment:

• Felipe Garcia
    replied
    does anybody remember what "pushing a film" means? My goodness ...
    Well, I used this one yesterday... twice

Sink darkroom by KE7WOX, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• yash777
    replied
    TCs are really taking the piss in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Simpleboy
    replied
    Pushing a film - shooting at a different ISO speed than that on the film and correcting in developing, (and no i did not google that)

Despite getting into photography well into the digital age, i went from a digital point n shoot to a film SLR and did a couple of courses. It helped me immeasurably and also kickstarted shooting well beyond planes.

And Jan, yes its your life and your money, but of the things you listed, a 70-200 fits the non aviation side of what you shoot much better than a 100-400, plus you'd get to buy your 1.4x TC and still get decent results.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
    Also, I definitely knew more of theoretical phtoography when I got my Nikon Coolpix when I was 13 or 14 than I do now.
    First thing I did with my very first SLR camera (note "SLR" not "DSLR" ... these were the days!!): I bought some books about photography basics. I was more interested in composition, playing around with apertures and so on, than in which lens with which TC I should by next. does anybody remember what "pushing a film" means? My goodness ...

Regarding TC, I decided to get a TC (Kenko 1.4 most probably) for travellng around. My main lenses are Canon 10-22, 24-105 IS, 100-400 IS and 70-200, f/2.8 IS. On a spotting trip, I always have my complete lens set. So I can have the 24-105 on my 20D and either the 70-200 or the 100-400 on the 40D, depending on the needed zoom range.

On holidays I try to reduce the baggage to a minimum. As I simply adore the 70-200, I decided to travel around with my 24-105, 70-200 and to get a 1.4 TC for the extra reach on teh 70-200. Perhaps I also carry around the 10-22 for the extra effects.

Leave a comment:

• Jan-Jasinski
    replied
    Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
    I love how much you are preparing to spend on camera gear to take photos of contrails when you are only 13.
    14 in couple days... Well i've been working hard to get money and will get some support from family. I do not use my camera just for contrails. I shoot aviation, sports, weddings (cousin soon), family etc.
    I could be takling nonsense and think I know everything (I do not).

Leave a comment:

• Felipe Garcia
    replied
    Oh don't get me wrong, if the 1.4x is used correctly it's superb, as I too use a 70-200 2.8 with a 1.4x. It's when it's used with other lenses that things start to fall apart in terms of IQ and AF. The way I'm seeing it here is that Jan's busy telling us how great the 1.4x is with a 100-400 when in actual fact the 100-400 becomes a beast to use and you really have to slow down alot and think hard to get decent results from it, largely using manual AF or if you have AF, it's very hit and miss and slow. It's really not ideal, but then again 13 yr old photographers seem to know best these days!
    And that's where I'm going. I use it with my 70-200 f4L and the results are great, but I'm very skeptical about the 100-400L being "great" with the 1.4x. I mean I've had my share of slow lenses (like my 75-300 USM) and whatever I have on my Maxxum film camera, and I really don't wanna go back to those days. I haven't missed anything with the 7D and the 70-200/1.4x due to focusing speed.

Also, I definitely knew more of theoretical phtoography when I got my Nikon Coolpix when I was 13 or 14 than I do now.

Leave a comment:

• ecapdeville
    replied
    but then again 13 yr old photographers seem to know best these days!
    Hehe... I know what you mean

Leave a comment:

Working...
X