Location Maps with Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location Maps with Photos

I am not sure if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if it would be possible for photographers to be able to indicate on a map the location where they have taken a photo and this could be added to database. This would assist visiting photographers and could be perhaps used as an added benefit for those who sign up for JP Elite.

Just a thought...

Easiest way to do this would be to use a GoogleEarth latitude/longitude co-ordinate in the photographers remarks.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Something like that Brian or some way that the photographer can just tag in Google Maps or similar.

I realise that there often descriptions on various very good websites, but this would keep things up to date and show what sort of photos can be taken from a particular spot and teh EXIF data would show what lens is needed.

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

I am sure there would already be databases around with the coordinates of airports (actually, I know there is, in the Microsoft Flight Sim files... ).

Photos taken at airports could be automatically mapped, and those that are taken elsewhere could be mapped manually. Not sure how "inflight" shots would be mapped - I don't often know where exactly I was when I took the shot.

If more detail than just the airport is of interest (i.e. the specific spotting location) perhaps selection of the airport could open a map zoomed into the area, allowing the photographer to easily select the location. Or locals at each airport could develop a list of locations around their airport (like what I've done in my own database).

I'll be interested to see where this goes - nice idea Mark!

Comment

Working...
        X