Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policy Change: "Large Photo Uploads"

Hi everyone,

Just posting to let you know about a small change in the system governing the oft-mentioned "Large Photo" approval.

Going forward, ALL members will now have a standard 1200px photo size limit, instead of the old limit of 1024px. As time has progressed, and photo equipment (and computer monitors, for that matter) have improved, 1200 has become much more of a mainstream resolution, and we're excited to allow all of our members to upload at this larger resolution going forward.

Those members with "large photo" upload approval will continue to enjoy the ability to upload up to 1600px resolution.

Thanks for your continued support of JetPhotos!
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Finally!

Thank you very much.

Comment

Thanks for this update, I think a lot of people will like this.
      Was this decision taken after an internal debate? Just curiosity from my side.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
        Thanks for this update, I think a lot of people will like this.
        Was this decision taken after an internal debate? Just curiosity from my side.
        Yes, well discussed amongst the crew. We have other possibilities being discussed as well.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Will 1024x photos still be acceptable? On occasion, I've been known to upload to "other sites" as well, and would hate to have to resize photos twice.
          KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

^^^^
            yep, 1024px width is still allowed of course.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

^^^
              As is 800px wide for that matter although we don't get many at that size these days.
              To make it clear...1200px wide is the MAXIMUM allowed for those who do not have a large format upload approval.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

A good call by the team in my opinion.

Comment

This is good news! Thank you!

Comment

I'm certainly happy with this decision!
                    My first upload in 1200 pics will come when I have made new shots again.

Really most go soon to AMS but, not sooner then when this freezing weather is over hehehe!

Yes I'm a softie! (In Dutch: "een watje" )

Comment

Thanks Chris. This will be a great opportunity for our uploaders to show us that they can produce quality images for upload. Just remember though that any flaws tend to be more visible at larger sizes so please self screen your photos before putting them in the queue.

Comment

Brillant! Thanks for the change

Ruben

Comment

Wow that is some good news for all of us! This summer I will be visiting 8 airports in 9 days, and I'll be sure to bring back plenty of photos.

But I agree that 1024 shots do increase quality.

Jerry
                          Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Just as a bit of feedback since this was introduced 2 months ago. Many of you have taken advantage of the new size but there has been a decrease in quality here and there, which was to be expected, especially related to soft images and older images.

Please note that you may need to revisit your editing techniques when it comes to uploading larger size photos, especially with regards to sharpening, or continue to upload at 1024 which might suit certain photos better.

We have also seen a lot of very nice photos come through, so keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                            X