I Want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want

Honestly, This is exactly what i want in a camera and the future existance of my 7D, 10-22 and 17-55IS is in doubt.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

FINALLY!!!! I was a bit scared, that Canon could come up with an insane number of MP. Fortunately, they decided to go with just 22MP. And for the rest I'm with you: that's the camera I wanted.

My missus has already been informed, that there won't be any shopping trips for the next few months. I guess her laughter was meant as "OK!" ...
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

What an awesome camera it will be.
      Given the excellent IQ from the now 3 or 4 year old mk2 I'm thinking it's going to be a brilliant combination. With the new AF module direct from the 1Dx plus HDR shooting etc it's going o be a bigger seller than the multi zillion unit mk2.
      22 is a great compromise in mp really focusing on IQ over all else.
      Having seen the effects of diffraction on files from my 1Ds go soft at F14+ any more than 24 is asking for trouble.
      With a stellar new 24-70 on the way the best zoom on the world at the moment the 70-200 the new 5D is going to get some insane images!
      No where is my 1Dx!

Links to DPR and a good hands on plus video
      In 1987 Canon unveiled the EOS 650 to the world. It was the Japanese manufacturer's first 35mm autofocus SLR and the start of the EOS system. With its fully-electronic lens mount, in-lens aperture and focus motors, and reliance on electronic button and dial operation, Canon's EOS system established a blueprint that all successive camera systems have followed. Now, 25 years later, the Canon EOS 5D Mark III is the latest model in the line.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
        My missus has already been informed, that there won't be any shopping trips for the next few months. I guess her laughter was meant as "OK!" ...
        I presume you know her best!
        whahaha

Buying one will be a problem these days of economic stress for most of us I think!

Comment

FINALLY!!!! I was a bit scared, that Canon could come up with an insane number of MP. Fortunately, they decided to go with just 22MP. And for the rest I'm with you: that's the camera I wanted.

"JUST 22mpx" !!

....and "JUST" £2999 !!

'scuse me, need to go get a cloth to wipe the coffee off of the monitor screen !!
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

If I were the missus that would mean I would get the camera

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
              Hahaha, how to break it to my misses im not going to be flying to america for her graduation because I'll be bankrupt from buying this camera!

It's rather uncanny, I was talking to Mr Rowson only the other day about my ideal camera and its like Canon said, right we'll do you every so slightly so better.
              I wanted ~21MP I got 22.
              I wanted the 7D's AF I got the 1dX'.
              I wanted 5 fps I got 6.

Also only having a 3 shot AEB has been driving me nuts recently! Now i get 9!

THANK YOU CANON!
              Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
                That's mean!!!
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Not too thrilled about the price though.

Since my secondary body is on its last legs I might not be able to gather the $3500 in time, so I might just go with a used 1D2/3 or 5D/2 and a 16-28 or 16-35 after selling my 12-24 (1.6x only).

At this point what I care the most is low light performance, I have a 7D for the fast shooting, but I want something with much better performance. Oh, and better performance at ISO 100 too.
                  [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Links to Image sample...
                    ISO 6400 stuff looks fantastic...

We've had a chance to prepare a set of full-resolution studio-based JPEG samples from a pre-production Canon EOS 5D Mark III, at all available ISOs from 50 to 102,800. We've chosen to shoot under low level halogen lighting, which provides a stern test of the camera's sensor and noise reduction systems. Click through to explore what the camera can deliver.

With the 1Dx coming in at 18mp I'm wondering just how good that's going to be IFAD 22mp these are so clean.

They are only Jpeg though be interested to see the Raws...wondering if they will go the Nikon route applying pre file creation noise reduction to the Raw files to clean them...I hope not much prefer to edit what I've shot directly rather than a file which has been altered prior to saving.

Great times!

Comment

Hoping to have my 5D3 by Saturday when i go to LHR! It's going to be an awesome camera body to have. My 5D2 does 85% of what i want from a camera, this one will do 99% of what i want from a camera body!
                      Chris Sharps
                      5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                      17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                      24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                      1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Keep an eye out Chris....I might be there Saturday as well.

Your choice whether you come and say hello........or run like hell !!
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I'll come over to show you what a real camera looks like, show you the way of Canon!
                          Chris Sharps
                          5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                          17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                          24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                          1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

My current plan involves getting this in early June. Depends on finances, but I passed the even more difficult barier. The girlfriend has given me an OK to get it then!
                              Sam Rudge

Comment

Working...
                              X