Charlotte, North Carolina spotting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte, North Carolina spotting...

Well, we've bitten the bullet and booked US Airways to Las Vegas from London Gatwick via Charlotte, North Carolina for the first 2 weeks of October.

I'll have about 2 hours to do some shooting from the terminal in Charlotte between 1400 hrs and 1600 hrs outbound and from 1600hrs to 1800hrs inbound. (Times are US local)

Can anyone give any location or other relevant tips please ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

I don't know what the terminal is like, but they have a first class overlook next to Rwy 18C/36C. I've only been there once, and I had a rental car, so I don't if you can get there easily on a short layover. With your layover, you probably won't have time to visit the Carolinas Aviation Museum at CLT either.

I am moving to CLT this summer for my job, and I'll get to spend some more time checking out the spotting situation. If you don't get any other info before your visit, drop me a note and I'll let you know what I discover.
    KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose135 View Post
      I don't know what the terminal is like, but they have a first class overlook next to Rwy 18C/36C. I've only been there once, and I had a rental car, so I don't if you can get there easily on a short layover. With your layover, you probably won't have time to visit the Carolinas Aviation Museum at CLT either.

I am moving to CLT this summer for my job, and I'll get to spend some more time checking out the spotting situation. If you don't get any other info before your visit, drop me a note and I'll let you know what I discover.
      I don't know if the terminal has any good opportunities. There are some spots but the lighting may not be good(Last time I was there was 2007). You would be better off going to the Carolinas Aviation Museum and the overlook (Rental Car needed). They have two outdoor areas for spotting and one of them is at the Museum. I am planning on visiting the museum and do some spotting but I don't have any dates set. I wanted some info from some people here before I venture out. Maybe Moose can give you a heads up before flying in.

Comment

Thanks for the info so far guys. Unfortunately I won't be able to leave the terminal. The dear lady won't wear that !! .....and frankly, I wouldn't have time.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          Thanks for the info so far guys. Unfortunately I won't be able to leave the terminal. The dear lady won't wear that !! .....and frankly, I wouldn't have time.
          It's ok. Maybe next time. I hope you have a good time in Las Vegas and hope to get some spotting there and some nice pics if you can since they have a viewing area. Too bad you can't do both airports since CLT and LAS both have them. Have fun on your trip.

Comment

The dear lady won't wear that !! .....and frankly, I wouldn't have time.
            My suggestion: The Lady travels on and you take the next flight!
            Time enough to make a lot of shots then right?

Comment

^^^^
              Did cross my mind.......

......but divorce is SOOOO expensive these days !

Comment

......but divorce is SOOOO expensive these days !
                That's because it's worth it...
                KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Working...
                X