Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! will waiting

Comment

Howdy, once decisions are made, are you gents going to announce who the new screeners are. I am just curious

Comment

Do screeners get some type of prize if they obtain the coveted "most photos screened in one hour" goal? What is the point in screening photos like Usain Bolt running the 100m dash?

When sit down and start using photoshop to prepare my photos for upload, I cannot do this for more than a few hours. Then I stop because I realize I am not fixing the photos properly like at the beginning of the session.

So I get the feeling that sometimes my photos have been summarily rejected with little attention - I repeat - sometimes.

Why don't rejected photos have some sort of minimal constructive criticism to improve photos? Some screeners do this. I REALLY appreciate these types of rejections and I get the feeling the photo was studied with attention and not simply clicked here and there and rejected in less than 2,5 seconds.

If more screeners are added, can the rejection process improve with some sort of helpful rejections?

Comment

Do screeners get some type of prize if they obtain the coveted "most photos screened in one hour" goal? What is the point in screening photos like Usain Bolt running the 100m dash?

When sit down and start using photoshop to prepare my photos for upload, I cannot do this for more than a few hours. Then I stop because I realize I am not fixing the photos properly like at the beginning of the session.

So I get the feeling that sometimes my photos have been summarily rejected with little attention - I repeat - sometimes.

Why don't rejected photos have some sort of minimal constructive criticism to improve photos? Some screeners do this. I REALLY appreciate these types of rejections and I get the feeling the photo was studied with attention and not simply clicked here and there and rejected in less than 2,5 seconds.

If more screeners are added, can the rejection process improve with some sort of helpful rejections?

Comment

When I sit down and start using photoshop to prepare my photos for upload, I cannot do this for more than a few hours. Then I stop because I realize I am not fixing the photos properly like at the beginning of the session.

Comment

When sit I down and start using photoshop to prepare my photos for upload, I cannot do this for more than a few hours. Then I stop because I realize I am not fixing the photos properly like at the beginning of the session.

Comment

Application sent

Dear Chris and team

Just saw this forum post today. Have sent in my application hoping you are still accepting.

Will be obliged if you do consider. If not, please keep me in mind for the future.

Thanks in advance and with kind regards

Devesh

Comment

Originally posted by aceriana View Post

There is no prize whatsoever. I can only think, you meant this as joke, otherwise that must be the dumbest question I saw so far.

The new screeners are added to cope with the increased uploads and the fact, that screeners indeed have a life outside Jetphotos.net. A "minimal constructive criticism to improve photos" in any rejection would be a major increase of workload for little added value. If you need help, we have this forum, where you get more than just a minimal constructive criticism.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Speaking as an ex-screener here, it isn't that they're rejected with little attention it's just that the sheer volume of images handled means there isn't a huge amount of time for specific explanations. Most of the rejection reasons are actually fairly self-explanatory, if you need further clarification on anything then the forums are the place to go.
                    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Beceause that is not the purpose of the screening process. You can upload images because you want to share them with the rest of the world. We screen to see if the uploaded images are acceptable for the database, not to give everybody a personalised feedback. Sure we do when we can, but that is an extra you might get. The rejection reasons are generally explained in the upload guidelines. If you have troubles with your rejections you are invited to ask for advice on the forums. You got the invitation on the upload page:
                      If you are unsure about something or have questions, feel free to visit our lively Photography Forum.

To check the status of your photos in the queue, your photo statistics, re-upload information and your personal photographer info, visit your Members Area.

If you have any technical problems uploading or encounter an error please post it in the Site Related Forum.
                      It has been said on the forums already before, we spend far more than 2-3 seconds on an images.

Comment

Sent my application a few hours ago, Iīm sorry but I was checking for this position in the "site related" forum.

If my application is not accepted I will understand, just missed this post, but count on me for a future selection process.

Thank you very much!.

Comment

Any news about the process?.

Still donīt know if my application is accepted .

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by carras320 View Post
                            Any news about the process?.

Still donīt know if my application is accepted .

Cheers.

You were unfortunately too late for the current application round and the next batch of new screeners has now been selected.

Please watch this space for further news.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
                              You were unfortunately too late for the current application round and the next batch of new screeners has now been selected.

Please watch this space for further news.
                              Ok, thank you very much!!

Cheers!.

Comment

Originally posted by carras320 View Post
                                Ok, thank you very much!!

Cheers!.
                                We have kept details of the late applications though and will consider them with the next wave of screener additions.

Comment

Working...
                                X