Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting at Manchester Airport

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how spotting opportunities are at Manchester Int'l Airport?
    There is a site (http://manchesterspotting.t83.net/) but I notice that all pictures there suffer from backlight.
    Are all spotting locations there bad when it comes to light?
    And if they are good, can you easily reach them walking?

And how spotter-friendly are Manchester Airport authorities?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers,

Hinkelbein

Try on the scramble website

also try here

HTH

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
      Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how spotting opportunities are at Manchester Int'l Airport?
      There is a site (http://manchesterspotting.t83.net/) but I notice that all pictures there suffer from backlight.
      Are all spotting locations there bad when it comes to light?
      And if they are good, can you easily reach them walking?

And how spotter-friendly are Manchester Airport authorities?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers,

Hinkelbein

Manchester offers some of the best spotting/photog opportunities in the UK but you need to do some work to get to the spots.

Firstly, if you want to shoot in the morning you must get to the southside of the airport which is the opposite side to where the terminals and viewing park are. Unless you like walking for miles you'll need a car or be creative. If you really want to walk, I suggest that you get the bus from the train station to the viewing park and then walk from the viewing park underneath the runways to the southside. To get to the 23L threshold from the viewing park I would say take the best part of 30 mins. If you are creative and cheeky, hop on the Holiday Inn courtesy bus to the Holiday Inn and walk the 5 mins up to the threshold. From here you can walk the length of the southside either way on public footpaths.

The official viewing park is actually quite good for photos in the late afternoon into the evening (which in summer is pretty late). The RVP (Runway Viewing Park) can be accessed from the terminals by the special bus service which leaves from the train station.

The authorities at MAN are generally very accepting of spotters, which is great news.

Comment

Thanks all!!

Comment

Working...
        X