Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony F717 and external flash

Hello all,

Is there anybody that use an external flash with the Sony F717 ?
    Yesterday i go to the shop and the vendor said that if i use a flash other than Sony i will fire always at full power and i can't adjust the amount of light (using TTL function). Is it true ? Are you using other flash than Sony ?

Olivier

It's true.

Comment

It's true. Read your manual, I would bet it is described there.

Comment

Hey Oliver, do you like the 717? I'm thinking about one in the next month or so. Any problems?
        CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Originally posted by CheckSix
          Hey Oliver, do you like the 717? I'm thinking about one in the next month or so. Any problems?
          Cough up a little bit of extra money and invest in a 300D, trust me, the 717 is getting on my nerves, fast.

Comment

How bad is it SWA
            CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

I use the Sony 717 for almost a year now no Problems at all, SWA
              why you lost your nerves using it you Pictures look great
              Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards / Atentos saludos / Meilleures salutations

Michael Bogensperger
              ==================================================

Airlinerpictures.net

My Photos at Jetphotos.net

Comment

Yes i love my F717, sure other models would be good too (i haven't tried yet, my wallet is not elastic). It is fast and respond well, it's my opinion. I added a 512 Mo Memory stick, just ordered a 2x telephoto at www.digitaltoyshop.com (not yet received, i will post the review of it).

Olivier

Comment

Cough up a little bit of extra money and invest in a 300D, trust me, the 717 is getting on my nerves, fast.

I must agree here. My main problem is the lack of zoom. 190mm or 323mm (with Olympus T-CON 17 teleconverter) is not very much for heavily fenced airports, especially if you like action shots. DSLRs are superior in quality and versatility. Even if you buy one of the cheaper 300mm Canon telezoom lenses you still have around 480mm. Add some money & you get a decent Sigma telezoom lens with a maximum focal length of 400mm, which equals 640mm with film SLRs. Add the high image quality of a 300D (more cropping possible) & you get a much higher fun factor. Also note that continuous shooting is not possible with the Sony & that the memory cards (Sony Memory Sticks) are more expensive than Compact Flash cards the 300D eats.

You might also take a look at a used D30, which used to be Canon's DSLR pride & still produces great images. When resizing a Sony image file with a width of 2560 pixels down to the maximum D30 size of 2226 pixels, the D30 is, in my opinion, still superior.

So invest some more money & go for a DSLR. You won't regret it.

Thomas

Comment

Basically Thomas just stated it for me. I just got a batch of 35-40 shots all out of focus and blurred, taken with a high shutter speed. So, i'm hopnig to get out again on Friday to see what i was doing wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
                      Basically Thomas just stated it for me. I just got a batch of 35-40 shots all out of focus and blurred, taken with a high shutter speed. So, i'm hopnig to get out again on Friday to see what i was doing wrong with it.
                      Very Strange i had a Great week and took almost 300 Pictures during visits at FRA,XFW,DUS,CGN and not one of them was out of focus. I also mostly use High Shutter Speed

Look at this one of the best Image i Took since i have the 717

[photoid=168434]
                      Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards / Atentos saludos / Meilleures salutations

Michael Bogensperger
                      ==================================================

Airlinerpictures.net

My Photos at Jetphotos.net

Comment

Scott's right the 300D DSLR is a better value.

I was thinking about the Coolpix 5700 and then the 300D came out and I got it. Haven't been disappointed yet.

Comment

badcompression :P

Comment

Don't know why that is being caused. It's showing up more than with my Kodak.

Comment

you have a bunch of grain on a lot of pictures ...when did the 300d images start showing up in the db so we can compare?

Comment

Working...
                              X