Birmingham Airport Spotting/Biman DC-10 flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birmingham Airport Spotting/Biman DC-10 flights

From 22nd to 24th Feb, the Biman Bangladesh DC-10 will be operating pleasure flights out of BHX Birmingham Airport. I can imagine quite a few people turning up for both the flights, and just to spot in general, so I'm just trying to source out various spotting locations.

Birmingham looks like quite an awkward airport to spend time photographing at.

I'm told that the multistorey car park near the cargo ramp (52°26'54.51"N 1°44'59.54"W) can be used by spotters, can anybody confirm this? It's only a short walk away from the Travelodge Hotel and seems to offer a good overview of RWY 33 threshold. I can imagine it will be a good location from after 11am when the sun ends up behind your back.

For RWY 15, a short hop on the train from the airport to Marston Green looks like an option, and then simply walking around the runway until the light is good.

Any other hints or tips. Anybody else going for the weekend?

I wanted to go but after searching on the web for spotting locations I abandoned my plans.

IMO not many good spots to get to by foot. And a stairs seems mandatory.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
      I wanted to go but after searching on the web for spotting locations I abandoned my plans.

IMO not many good spots to get to by foot. And a stairs seems mandatory.
      http://www.flyintobhx.co.uk/spottinglocations.html
      No, it doesn't look like it, and without a ladder, things do not look great, only sky shots it seems. However the car park I mentioned has potential unless it's a no go area.

Comment

Annoyingly this is one time in Feb when I'm actually working in an otherwise pretty quiet month.

Comment

Working...
        X