Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Strong vignette after upgrade to Canon 70D

Hi guys.

I recently upgraded from Canon 600D to 70D, and noticed very strong vignette with my 55-250mm lens that wasn't there on my 600D. I know increasing the F-stop will help but I can't sacrifice too much light or add too much ISO. See the attached pics. The EMB145 was taken with the 70D at a even HIGHER F-stop(f/7.1) than the GLF (f/5.6) and yet shows much more vignette. Any way to fix this? And for the photos already infected with vignette (that can't be cropped away), is there any way to fix it in photoshop that isn't "digital manipulation" (maybe messing with the curves, or shadows/highlights?)

This is a serious problem and I need help! Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Vignetting is easily fixed in Photoshop. Take a look here. This is for Photoshop 5 which, if I remember correctly is what you use but I am fairly sure that it applies throughout the range.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2016-02-28, 22:48.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      Vignetting is easily fixed in Photoshop. Take a look here. This is for Photoshop 5 which, if I remember correctly is what you use but I am fairly sure that it applies throughout the range.
      Hi Brian. Thanks for your quick reply. I don't see any links(is there supposed to be one)? Anyway, yes I do use Photoshop 5 and I'm glad there is a fix. I looked online and I assume you are talking about Filter -> Lens Correction, and adjust the Vignette slider from there ?

Comment

Oops ! Sorry. I missed out the link but you are correct in your assumption.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hi again!

Now that we know a fix to it, I still want to know what causes this problem that was nonexistent on the 600D? I have my vignette(peripheral illumination) correction enabled in my 70D and it doesn't seem to do anything. Perhaps this has something to do with the larger sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by hongmng View Post
            Hi again!

Now that we know a fix to it, I still want to know what causes this problem that was nonexistent on the 600D? I have my vignette(peripheral illumination) correction enabled in my 70D and it doesn't seem to do anything. Perhaps this has something to do with the larger sensor?
            70d has same sensor size as 600d- APS C

Comment

I shoot with a Canon 6D and vignetting is a big problem on the full frame sensor but how I overcome it is to shoot RAW and then use Adobe Camera Raw's lens correction features which solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X