Canon Digital Rebel - Software Installation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon Digital Rebel - Software Installation Problem

I am currently running Windows 2000 SP4 on my Athlon XP 1800+ PC. I just bought a Canon Digital Rebel and the only problem I am having is in the loading of the software (EOS Digital Solution Disk, Ver 6). When I run the installer, I get the error:

1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

I have searched Microsoft's website, InstallShield's website, and almost all websites found using google. Everything I have tried hasn't worked. My InstallShield does work because I saw it function when I did some Windows updates between attempts at loading this software.

Has anyone who owns a Canon DSLR (this may be a problem with other Canon digitals) experienced the same problem and already solved it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

I'm having the same problem with the Photoshop 6SE that comes with my Nikon Coolpix.
    I'm also running Windows 2000 SP4 (happened under SP3 as well though).

Comment

This might help

http://support.installshield.com/kb/...icleid=Q107070

Cheers.

Colin

Comment

getting another error, "memory at 0xffffffff" could not be read. In other words a nullpointer exception in the installer...

Comment

Solved installer problem, the hard way (made easy)

Thanks Colin for the link, but the solution listed on this website as well as others did not work. I did read that a final option was to reload windows if all else failed.

From past experience with the instabilities of MS Windows (Win 2K is much better than past MS OS's), I installed two hard drives in my PC. One is for Win 2K with all applications and the other is ONLY for data. After recently doing a complete rebuild of my system, I used Norton Ghost to create an image (or copy) of my Win2K/application drive. After continuing to have these installer problems, I decided to re-image my pc which put me right back to where I was minus a couple of recent application installs since my total rebuild. Since all my data was on another drive, I didn't need to back it up prior to re-imaging. The only thing I did back up prior to re-imaging was my MS Outlook .pst file. I recommend you get help from someone comfortable with this process before attempting, because this process erases the drive that you are going to re-image (that's my disclaimer).

The cost of Norton Ghost proved invaluble in this situation. I was back up and running in about 10 mins. Just thought I'd pass along my experience.

Bob

Comment

i have a DSLR and had no worries with the install.

next trips
            USA/DXB August.

Comment

i got a 10d a few months ago and still to this day cannot load the canon software to get the pictures off the camera. the software loads, but it won't detect my camera, so i had to go out and get a flash card reader to be able to transfer pics.
              JetPhotos.Net Lead Programmer
              www.jetphotos.net/matt/

Comment

better to use one anyway, saves batteries

Only problem is if you can't read the RAW format and have shot in that...

Comment

Working...
                X