New Image Format??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Image Format??

I like to save off the pictures that I have had accepted onto JP. Up to now, it has been fine, everything has saved as a JPG file. However, since the redesign and launch, I've started to see images that have WEBP extensions. Why mixed formats and why the change?

Thanks

One other thing that I have noticed - small - but - it seems to be a bug - in the JP generated signatures, the line that says "Click here to view my 999 photos" - the total number of photos (999) hasn't been updated since the redesign.

Comment

Should have done a little more research on the WEPB thing first - only happening in Chrome.

Comment

Hi,

WEBP is in use as we use a CDN solution to host the photos but it only works with some browsers. As you have already pointed out, Firefox does not currently support it.

With regards to the forum banners, we are planning to make new banners in the future. I will see if there is an easy fix to get the counter to update.

Regards,
        Laurence

Comment

Hello,

If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, you can download the WebP codec.
          Just follow the instructions.

https://developers.google.com/speed/...ocs/webp_codec

It's not a converter, just a codec that will let you view the files on Windows Photo Viewer.

Comment

Working...
          X